#1 Desert Fox

Desert Fox

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
  • Interests:Target shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Fishing, Camping

Posted 02 October 2008 - 09:38 PM

Went out this afternoon to do some shooting. I thought this would be a perfect opportunity to try my new Leupold 6.5X20X50 MK4 TMR on my 338 Lapua Improved. I was really impressed with the the new MK4, especially the TMR. About time Leupold switch to glass itched reticule. I like the way Leupold designed the TMR. It is almost like an IOR MP-8 dot reticule except the dot is missing. I like that better! because there's nothing there to obscure the target, especially when aiming at small target. There is also a vast improvement on glass coating on these new MK4. I could see the difference when compared with the old MK4. Overall, I'm very pleased.Posted ImagePosted ImageBy the way here's the 3 shot group on steel at 525 yards. The 300 grain SMK did a number on my steel target. You can see the difference on the impact energy when compared with the 308 at the same distance. You can see the indent by the 155 grain Scenar that was painted over.Posted ImagePosted Image
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former" Albert Einstein

#2 A17Shooter

A17Shooter

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,785 posts
  • Interests:Varmint Hunting, Rifles, Hunting Pistols, Long Range, Computers, Cameras

Posted 02 October 2008 - 10:30 PM

Nice group, DF. Keep it up.

Guns only have three enemies, Politicians, Ignorant Liberals and Rust.

"A pen in the hand of this president is far more dangerous than a gun in the hands of 200 million law-abiding citizens."

#3 Desert Fox

Desert Fox

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
  • Interests:Target shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Fishing, Camping

Posted 03 October 2008 - 12:33 PM

Yep! Not bad, considering that I didn't have an aiming point. I just centered the crosshair and fire.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former" Albert Einstein

#4 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,738 posts
  • Interests:Hunting ,Fishing , Wife ,Son ,Cat,Dog , My koi , Trad Bows.

Posted 03 October 2008 - 11:46 PM

:signs1180lq: nice shooting.
You can hop but you can't hide. Yahi Bowmen. Its not how far you can shoot but how close to the game you get when you shoot. Sights we don't need any sights. Why waist time reloading when I can be making arrows.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users