• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 mackeralboy

mackeralboy

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts
  • Interests:Hunting anything above or below the water. Kayaking, Backpacking, Scuba, Surfing, anything outdoors.

Posted 28 September 2008 - 05:10 PM

OK so how did everyone do opening weekend? My buddy and I both got our limits today, no toads but all decent size. Mc

#2 Beretta

Beretta

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing and camping. <br />NRA lifetime member, Ducks<br />Unlimited member and 8 year <br />member of the River Ranch Hunt Club.

Posted 28 September 2008 - 06:42 PM

Didn't make it out this weekend, but plan on going next weekend. Hoepfully we willhave lots of luck.... :roflmao3[1]:
"The genuine sportsman is, by all odds, the mostimportant factor in keeping the larger and more valuable creatures from total extinction." THEODORE ROOSEVELTNRA Lifetime Member/DU Member

#3 sagedog

sagedog

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 07:32 PM

OK so how did everyone do opening weekend? My buddy and I both got our limits today, no toads but all decent size. Mc

:roflmao3[1]: Never been, but sounds like fun. :cheers:
Press Alt+F4, it's AWESOME!

#4 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,780 posts
  • Interests:Hunting ,Fishing , Wife ,Son ,Cat,Dog , My koi , Trad Bows.

Posted 28 September 2008 - 08:25 PM

You want my address if you get tomany :roflmao3[1]:
You can hop but you can't hide. Yahi Bowmen. Its not how far you can shoot but how close to the game you get when you shoot. Sights we don't need any sights. Why waist time reloading when I can be making arrows.

#5 mackeralboy

mackeralboy

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts
  • Interests:Hunting anything above or below the water. Kayaking, Backpacking, Scuba, Surfing, anything outdoors.

Posted 29 September 2008 - 04:39 AM

A buddy of mine tried to mail some home to his folks a few years back but the stamps wouldn't stick to their shells. Sorry... :signs1180lq:

#6 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,501 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 29 September 2008 - 08:47 AM

:) Good answer! :cheers:

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#7 xyourlocaldjx

xyourlocaldjx

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 02:51 PM

you go out on a boat? our group caught one.. tides changed and messed everything up might go to the redondo pier but i doubt there's any left there anymore

#8 Old timer

Old timer

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts
  • Interests:Hunting (all types) fishing and reading all the posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 03:57 PM

Long beach brake wall use to be loaded wiith them....
Without hunters there wouldn't be much of an environment to protect!!Conservation of Wild Life Through the Taking of Predators by Sportsmen United we stand

#9 mackeralboy

mackeralboy

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 02:24 PM

you go out on a boat? our group caught one.. tides changed and messed everything up might go to the redondo pier but i doubt there's any left there anymore

I dove a boat on sunday, but the last two days I've just been going off the beach with my kayak. Unless you have some object that your going to on the bottom that they are all congregating in, like the old dock boxes sunk on the side of the canyon, then I would try going shollow 15-25 ft out around the sand dollar beds. This time of year (until the first big storm and surf) they tend to be shallow. I got an 8 and 9 pounder today in about 25ft of water.

#10 mackeralboy

mackeralboy

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 10:33 AM

Now that it appears that I've figured out this downloading of pictures, heres a shot of the 9 lb'r that I got last week. For comparison the bug to the left of it would be a decent size bug at a restruant, about a pound and a half. The sandal on the right is a size 11. Attached File  1.jpg   32.98KB   11 downloads

#11 mac

mac

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,503 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 11:00 AM

takes me back when I was working on a gov't contract on Midway Island. Navy left us a bunch of boston whalers, dive shop and 3 ea. Islander 22' s. On Sunday's half of us would dive for lobsters - this was in '87. We weren't regulated by fishing dates - as long as we left the females with eggs we were able to catch as many as we wanted. To say the least, our Sunday BBQs on the beach were fantastic! Great Job!
Mac Daddy"Lock, Stock and Two Smokin' Barrels"

#12 jephs422

jephs422

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 08:27 PM

pulled limits off the kayak on opener, and pulled limits Monday night in and hour and a half.
Jeph S"Team .223/6x47"

#13 mackeralboy

mackeralboy

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 08:48 AM

Well done. I have been using my kayak more and more for diving. It works out well as long as it's not to kelpy. I took this week off from diving but start some vaction next week so I hope to get some bottom time on the bugs. This year for some reason one of my favorite beaches has had really bad visbility in shallow so it has knocked down the number of spots that I normally hit early in the season. I still have got my limit the three times I've gone out but I've had to work a little harder.

#14 xyourlocaldjx

xyourlocaldjx

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 10:24 PM

i pretty much gave up for this month... nothing out at the spots i'm going to. then again i'm hoop netting from a pier. nice to see everyone else is catching their limits!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users