• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,204 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 28 September 2008 - 10:51 AM

Posted Imagehttp://pyramydair.co...l?pellet_id=633 * .22 caliber * 26.2 grains * Pointed * 100 per tin

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#2 A17Shooter

A17Shooter

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,784 posts
  • Interests:Varmint Hunting, Rifles, Hunting Pistols, Long Range, Computers, Cameras

Posted 28 September 2008 - 11:20 AM

How do they shoot??What kinda velocity?

Guns only have three enemies, Politicians, Ignorant Liberals and Rust.

"A pen in the hand of this president is far more dangerous than a gun in the hands of 200 million law-abiding citizens."

#3 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,204 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 11:23 AM

They're brand new so I'll have to order some and try them out. I'm sure the speed will be way down considering the weight. But they should buck the wind pretty well.

Time waits for no one--

#4 crazyhorse

crazyhorse

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,393 posts
  • Interests:Bass fishing,Kayaking,Airgun hunting

Posted 29 September 2008 - 10:23 AM

John...just my opinion,but I think domes/round heads are more accurate at longer ranges than pointed pellets...I've only done tests at 50 yards...domes came out better in wind or no wind...

#5 VarmintAir

VarmintAir

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 10:47 AM

That is a heavy dude alright. I want to try some of the new 18 grain .22 cal JSB Exacts but haven't been able to find them so far. I see them being talked about by guys that have gotten some for test purposes, but haven't found them for sale yet. It would be a nice mid weight between the 21 grain Kodiaks, and the 16 grain JSB's. I think it could be the perfect prairie dog pellet.I've never had much luck with pointed lead pellets at long range. Gotta try some though, one never knows.
VarmintAir WebsiteAirgun Hunting the California Ground SquirrelVarmintAir's Airgun Hunting BlogDevoted to the sport of responsible varmint and small game hunting with Modern Adult Airguns

#6 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,204 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 10:54 AM

I don't care for pointed pellets myself. Their accuracy often leaves a lot to be desired. Plus pointed pellets do often slide right through game. I was just looking for some additional weight.I'll have to look for the 18gr. JSB's. :cheers:

Time waits for no one--

#7 crazyhorse

crazyhorse

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,393 posts
  • Interests:Bass fishing,Kayaking,Airgun hunting

Posted 29 September 2008 - 11:26 AM

Air Arms Diabolo Magnum Field pellets (.22 cal) are 16 gr Domes...Pyramid Air has them....also,you might want to check Beeman pellets..they have Domes at around 21 gr....

#8 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,204 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 11:28 AM

I like the 16gr JSB's they work fine for me. I can shoot a heck of a group at 100 yards with them. :good:

Time waits for no one--

#9 VarmintAir

VarmintAir

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 12:11 PM

I like the 16gr JSB's they work fine for me. I can shoot a heck of a group at 100 yards with them. :yikes[1]:

Yep, the 16 grainers are for sure super accurate pellets. I would just like a little bit more thump on those 85 to 100 yard prairie dogs. I know the Kodiaks would be good, but they start to get pretty loopy out that far. That 18 grainer just might be what the doctor ordered. A bit more thump and almost as flat as the 16 grainers. You know I have to try 'em. What's another tin of pellets among the dozens of different types I've already accumulated over the years. You know how it is John. Gotta try 'em all. :good:
VarmintAir WebsiteAirgun Hunting the California Ground SquirrelVarmintAir's Airgun Hunting BlogDevoted to the sport of responsible varmint and small game hunting with Modern Adult Airguns

#10 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,204 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 02:07 PM

Yes Cliff I do know how it is. I have boxes and boxes of pellet tins that are mostly full because I was disappointed in their particular performance. My wife started to throw them away and I flipped out. She said you don't use them. I said not now but I might get a gun that likes them and I won't have to buy them again to find out. Besides all of the different colored tins are pretty and I like all of the colors! :good:

Time waits for no one--

#11 VarmintAir

VarmintAir

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 02:51 PM

Yes Cliff I do know how it is. I have boxes and boxes of pellet tins that are mostly full because I was disappointed in their particular performance. My wife started to throw them away and I flipped out. She said you don't use them. I said not now but I might get a gun that likes them and I won't have to buy them again to find out. Besides all of the different colored tins are pretty and I like all of the colors! :roflmao3[1]:

You just never can tell. Like those 25+ year old Beeman .177 Ram Jets, that I have 7000 of, that have never shot in ANYTHING EVER that I tried them in. Right up until I got the .177 Discovery,and it shoots them into sub half inch at 40 yards. Now all I need to do is keep buying airguns until I find one that shoots each of dozens of other worthless pellets that I am hoarding. C'mon, you don't expect me to just throw them out do you? I've got serious money tied up in these worthless things, and If I hold out just a bit longer, with the price of scrap lead going up all the time, I will actually make money be dumping them on the scrap metal market. OR NOT! :yikes[1]:

#12 A17Shooter

A17Shooter

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,784 posts
  • Interests:Varmint Hunting, Rifles, Hunting Pistols, Long Range, Computers, Cameras

Posted 23 October 2008 - 08:03 AM

Attached File  wasp_pellets.JPG   126.84KB   28 downloadsDo you think I'd be able to retire if I took these to the scrap yard and sold them??I've only had them since '68.

Guns only have three enemies, Politicians, Ignorant Liberals and Rust.

"A pen in the hand of this president is far more dangerous than a gun in the hands of 200 million law-abiding citizens."

#13 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,204 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 08:29 AM

You should sell them on ebay! People collect all of that stuff.

Time waits for no one--

#14 VarmintAir

VarmintAir

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 08:52 AM

Like John said, put them on Ebay. There is probably some guy out there somewhere that has been looking for those things for years to round out his collection of obscure pellets.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users