#1 crazyhorse

crazyhorse

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,395 posts
  • Interests:Bass fishing,Kayaking,Airgun hunting

Posted 27 September 2008 - 04:58 AM

For info there may be a "indexing 8 pellet magazine" available for the Discovery very much like one below in pic. It mounts on breech,and you index to next pellet with your thumb. They are being sold for QB78/79's now...you will need high mounts for your scope...not a new idea,as similar ones were used on some single shot euro pcp's....I'll update when I hear this becomes available...Posted Image------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------FeaturesThe RIM series Rotary Indexing Magazines turn your QB78 or QB79 air rifle into a repeater. The system consists of a breech mount that clamps onto your rifle's breech and 1 or more magazines that slide intothe mount and lock in place. Shots are loaded by indexing the magazine with your thumb or finger. The ball detent stops the magazine at the proper position. The magazine can be rotated in either direction.The magazines are filled off of the rifle. One slot is left empty for loading. Once filled, the pellets cannot come out unless it is rotated .CNC machined..Made in USA

#2 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,398 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 27 September 2008 - 08:37 AM

That's a good idea. I have to use high ring mounts on my FX Monsoon because the magazines are so tall. It doesn't take people long to start coming out with new fixes for a great little gun.

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#3 VarmintAir

VarmintAir

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 09:46 AM

That would be pretty slick. Logun came out with one for their Solo model, that turns the .22 single shot into a 10 shooter. I put one on mine and it works really well. Please do let us know if you hear any more.
VarmintAir WebsiteAirgun Hunting the California Ground SquirrelVarmintAir's Airgun Hunting BlogDevoted to the sport of responsible varmint and small game hunting with Modern Adult Airguns

#4 crazyhorse

crazyhorse

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,395 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 05:59 PM

The ones currently made for the QB78/79's are 10 shot for .177 cal and 8 shot for .22 cal...I expect that will remain same for the Discovery..I'll post here soon as I know....

#5 RonB

RonB

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 05:50 AM

I was kinda worried about this while waiting for my Discovery to arrive as my old Sheridan is a bear to get the pellet in the chamber under the scope rail.This would make life much easier!Ron

#6 mackeralboy

mackeralboy

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts
  • Interests:Hunting anything above or below the water. Kayaking, Backpacking, Scuba, Surfing, anything outdoors.

Posted 03 October 2008 - 03:19 PM

I'm curious where can I or where will I be able to pick up one of these little beauties?

#7 crazyhorse

crazyhorse

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,395 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 08:29 AM

A company is in the process of manufacturing them...the only versions available now are for Crosman QB78/QB79 air rifles...I'll post info here soon as they are available for the Discovery.....think initially there will be two online sources for purchase...Rich

#8 crazyhorse

crazyhorse

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,395 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 08:39 PM

I was kinda worried about this while waiting for my Discovery to arrive as my old Sheridan is a bear to get the pellet in the chamber under the scope rail.This would make life much easier!Ron

I still fumble around loading...very little clearance between bolt probe and breech with bolt all the way to rear....I think 1/16"....using JSB Exact Express...occasionaly I drop a pellet...and they are nose heavy and tilt skirt up...pain in the gazoo...but this rifles performance makes up for that...

#9 RonB

RonB

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 04:37 AM

Does this company ( or person) making them have a website we can view (or beg and harrass) regularly.As far as loading single pellets, does anyone make a loading ramp type thing like they have for the Air Arms rifles?

#10 crazyhorse

crazyhorse

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,395 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 05:10 AM

Your best source may be Rich in Michigan.... I have not called him yet.....http://home.comcast....tml/default.htmThis is the company that makes the existing magazines for the Crosman QB 78/79 rifles...not sure if they are involved in this project.....but would not hurt to inquire...note they link Rich in Michigan on their site...http://www.qbmags.com/

#11 RonB

RonB

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 07:42 PM

I emailed QBMAGS yesterday.I asked if the Dico mag project was ongoing or scrapped because of breech size limitations.I was surprised when I got a response today. The guy who replyed, Jay, asked me for some breech measurements.I'll post his reply and hopefully other Disco owners can email him their measurements......maybe can provide him with enough data that we will end up with an indexing magazine soon.jay's reply:Hi Ron,I am lookiing at it. It's a tight fit between the end of the bolt probe and the step in the breech in the pellet loading area. The project is ongoing and I love a challenge. If you could take a measurement on your disco I'd appreciate it. With your bolt pulled all the way back what is the measurement between the probe tip and the vertical step in the breech. In other words what is the longest pellet you could drop in vertically which would just hit the probe tip and the step in the breech. I am trying to get a feel for variations between rifles. Keep checking back and thanks for your interest. Best regards, JayRon

#12 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,398 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 04 November 2008 - 08:22 PM

Hey that's great news right there Ron. I'll have to look at mine and we'll send him some measurements.

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#13 crazyhorse

crazyhorse

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,395 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 08:55 AM

Jay e-mailed me 3 weeks ago for same info (via another airgun forum).I thought I had posted an update here,but in case I did not here it is: I called Rich in Michigan who is also involved with the project. He told me quite frankly that right now it does not look good for a mag for the Disco...the issue is the breech "pocket" for the pellet...more restrictive than the QB78's....Keep your fingers crossed...

#14 RonB

RonB

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 11:09 AM

My fingers are crossed! :)I have over 400 rounds through mine now, its just so much fun to shoot that getting pellets in the breech doesn't seem like a bother now.

#15 VarmintAir

VarmintAir

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 11:47 AM

A manually indexed mag would be cool, but I've gotten so used to loading mine now that I don't even think about it.
VarmintAir WebsiteAirgun Hunting the California Ground SquirrelVarmintAir's Airgun Hunting BlogDevoted to the sport of responsible varmint and small game hunting with Modern Adult Airguns

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users