5 replies to this topic

#1 VarmintAir

VarmintAir

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 07:45 AM

I've got hours of video to sort through from my July prairie dog hunt. As I was looking at some of it yesterday, I came across the clip of this guy. I'm not sure what was going on, maybe yellow jackets were harassing him, but it was kind of funny to watch. The FX 2000 shooting 16 grain JSB's rolled him off the mound at 85 yards.http://imageevent.co...=...amp;s=0&z=2

#2 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,656 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 27 September 2008 - 08:28 AM

:roflmao3[1]: :roflmao3[1]: That guy was sure nervous about something. Great shot really bowled him over. That's good shooting in the breeze.

#3 VarmintAir

VarmintAir

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 09:50 AM

:roflmao3[1]: :roflmao3[1]: That guy was sure nervous about something. Great shot really bowled him over. That's good shooting in the breeze.

Thanks John. About an hour later I ran into another one doing the exact same thing but he made it down the hole before I could get a shot off. There were yellow jackets everywhere, and I think that's probably what was after these guys.

#4 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,656 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 27 September 2008 - 10:01 AM

I bet you're right about the yellow jackets. I do that when they're around myself! Plus you don't want to be near me when I'm swatting at them. A buddy caught one in the eye when I smacked it. :roflmao3[1]: Those prairie dogs sure look like fun targets, nice and plump and plenty of them.

#5 Rimrock

Rimrock

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,374 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 11:01 AM

I sure wish I knew enough about computers to get the videos to play.I got to shoot PD's one time. Great fun.

#6 VarmintAir

VarmintAir

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 12:02 PM

I bet you're right about the yellow jackets. I do that when they're around myself! Plus you don't want to be near me when I'm swatting at them. A buddy caught one in the eye when I smacked it. :roflmao3[1]: Those prairie dogs sure look like fun targets, nice and plump and plenty of them.

Now that I think about it, I have a workout tape called, "The Yellow Jacket Jump". It involves standing in one place, spinning around in random directions while rapidly jumping from one foot to the other, and simultaneously flailing your arms around while slapping the snot out of your head . It's only effective if you're shrieking like a little girl at the same time. Hopefully, no one you know sees you doing it. :roflmao3[1]:A day in an unmolested black tailed prairie dog town is something everyone that likes to varmint hunt should get to experience at least once in their lifetime. Doing it with an airgun is really a special experience.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users