7 replies to this topic

#1 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,082 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 10:20 PM

I put in 2 home made traps with fish heads and pulled 30 or so crawdads out so being part okie I decide to cook them.Well thats what thumper called me a okie so I must have some lol. They were great you couldn't tell they came from a canal taste just like shrimp.It doe's take some work getting the meat out but it was worth it........Posted Image.......Posted Image

#2 keale73

keale73

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 11:22 PM

Taste is great but a lot of work for them little guys!

#3 Rimrock

Rimrock

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,213 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 08:19 AM

That is fine dining.

#4 Old timer

Old timer

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts
  • Interests:Hunting (all types) fishing and reading all the posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 08:22 AM

Did you suck the heads like they do down in miss.????
Without hunters there wouldn't be much of an environment to protect!!Conservation of Wild Life Through the Taking of Predators by Sportsmen United we stand

#5 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,708 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 25 September 2008 - 08:36 AM

Not much better eating then those right there. I see you put them on some rice. That takes more work that way. Now get yourself a bucket full of cooked ones and you can get pretty fast as eating them.Try cooking up a pickup bed full of them sometime. When I first got my drivers license we had gone hunting on a relatives place. His neighbor grew rice and they were draining the fields. The check boxes were clogged with crawdads. Myself and two friend started loading them into my dad's truck. We had them over the wheel wells high in there. My uncle said if you have crawdads bring them over I'll cook them up like we did down South. I think he regretted it once we showed up. But we got rid of them all. Best hunting trip ever! Though I never found them that thick again. :harhar1[1]:

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#6 old dog

old dog

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 06:54 AM

shoot-it we must have a lot in common. I just built my self Three Craw-dad traps this summer and I Have not had a place to go and set them out yet. I have been wanting to take them up to the Mendota slough but I just have not done it yet. I can remember when I was a kid, we ate lots of craw-fish and frog legs. But living in Taft, where I do now, the only water near by I have to fish in is the Aqueduct, and their are no craw-dad's in it. but it does have a lot of nice Catfish and StripersThanks for the post Man.

#7 meangreen75

meangreen75

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Dirtbiking, and Flying

Posted 03 October 2008 - 12:08 PM

Mmmmmm MUDBUGS!

#8 Portagee_Shooter

Portagee_Shooter

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 779 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 02:12 PM

Makes me homesick for Houston. Only good things were the women, the food, and the cost of booze. I always throw some Zatarains crab/crawfish boil in the pot while they're boiling, shcuck em and suck da heads! Hmmm now you got me thinking :drool:
Q: "What do you hunt with that?" A: "Name it"-Rambo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users