4 replies to this topic

#1 neocone

neocone

Predator

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 01:08 AM

Got to try the one made by www.glaciertek.com and pretty good experience... but the cooling is good for about an hour and a half.Best strategy is strap that thing on for an evening hunt... means at 3-4 PM when one is about to hike uphill for a good view is when the temperature is scorching hot. And under a camo this suit is perfect... like having an A/C. It lets you maybe hike about 3 to 5 miles in rough terrain where a lot of energy is expanded. After that get rid of it as the second the cells get liquid it adds to the insulation of a suit. Yuk!

#2 CoyoteHuntress

CoyoteHuntress

Royal Oaks Taxidermy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts
  • Interests:Im a full time taxidermist and I LOVE Hunting- coyotes, bobcat, bear, boar, elk, deer etc..

Posted 24 September 2008 - 06:37 AM

Is it reusable? I went to their sight and read some.. but its mostly studies and all that..So once you wear it a few hours then its useless or just needs to be taken off to air dry or?
Royal Oaks TaxidermyAward Winning Taxidermist...When Quality Counts! DEER CAPES WANTED

#3 Remi700

Remi700

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
  • Interests:Fishing, Camping, Shooting, and Hunting.

Posted 24 September 2008 - 08:12 AM

We use something like that in raceing and they are called kwik cool. It is reuseable and runs off a ozone safe freon can about the size off a spay paint can. It will cool one hour per can. The ony down side is its about 170.00 for the shirt.
Joe

#4 PredatorMaster

PredatorMaster

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 08:15 AM

I think the NFL uses something like that but more Expen$ive.

#5 neocone

neocone

Predator

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 10:26 PM

Yep it's fully reusable. I got their concealed one because it is a bit smaller and more comfy to wear a backpack. It can save me carrying a lot of water since my torso is cooled to like 70 when it's 90-100 outside. Sucks I had to pay 170 too... But hopefully it will last me a while.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users