#1 crazyhorse

crazyhorse

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,397 posts
  • Interests:Bass fishing,Kayaking,Airgun hunting

Posted 23 September 2008 - 08:07 PM

...but somewhat a technical shot....squiirel was 42 yards out and wind was 5-8 mph from right to left....my calculation indicated that at this range,the pellet would drop about -0.0303" so I held on his neck and hit him on his shoulder...this Disco .22 made short work of this squirrel usiing JSB Jumbo Express 14.3 grain...also,this squirrel was in the shadow of a tree and had his head down eating...Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImageView from my shooting position on this squirrel shooting from a horse corral...he was just to the right of the staked tree in center of pic...Posted Image

#2 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,678 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 23 September 2008 - 08:24 PM

Nice shooting! The wind can be a hard thing to work with the farther you go out especially with a 14.3gr pelletIt looks like he was DOA when his bell got rung.

#3 crazyhorse

crazyhorse

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,397 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 08:57 PM

Nice shooting! The wind can be a hard thing to work with the farther you go out especially with a 14.3gr pelletIt looks like he was DOA when his bell got rung.

I had to decide whether to shoot or wait till he raised his head....I went ahead and shot him while he had his head down eating....so his profile was about two inches off the ground...i actually heard the pellet hit and he flipped up in the air and ran about 3 feet...he was dead by the time I walked over...I'm convinced that when I get the oportunity that this Disco will drop squirrels at 60 yards...definately rabbits as they are a bigger target...

#4 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,678 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 23 September 2008 - 09:00 PM

Yep, VarmintAir has dropped them at long distances with even his .177 Disco.

#5 CoyoteHuntress

CoyoteHuntress

Royal Oaks Taxidermy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts
  • Interests:Im a full time taxidermist and I LOVE Hunting- coyotes, bobcat, bear, boar, elk, deer etc..

Posted 23 September 2008 - 10:11 PM

Very nice shooting :flag:

#6 crazyhorse

crazyhorse

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,397 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 08:42 AM

Very nice shooting :good:

Thanks...I need the practice...fall turkey hunt opens Nov 8 and I plan on using the Discovery .22. My hunting partner is a bow hunter,so this ought to be a hoot.... :signs1180lq:

#7 VarmintAir

VarmintAir

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 12:23 PM

Thanks...I need the practice...fall turkey hunt opens Nov 8 and I plan on using the Discovery .22. My hunting partner is a bow hunter,so this ought to be a hoot.... :signs1180lq:

Nice shooting, and depending on the circumstances, a 40 yard shot can be very challenging. RE: the turkeys, I'm putting my money on you and your Discovery. :good:

#8 crazyhorse

crazyhorse

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,397 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 06:07 PM

Nice shooting, and depending on the circumstances, a 40 yard shot can be very challenging. RE: the turkeys, I'm putting my money on you and your Discovery. :rolleyes:

Thanks...I've already decided that I won't take a shot over 45 yards....I'm confident at that range for now...my bow hunting buddy said he is ok out to 40 yards..no more....I've based my strategy on just energy at impact using 14.3 JSB's....and I don't want to push things on my first turkey hunt....

#9 PredatorMaster

PredatorMaster

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 06:09 PM

:rolleyes:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users