6 replies to this topic

#1 Fett

Fett

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 07:15 PM

Anyone tried these yet? I have a box on the way, and will try this along with two others in my new Savage model 10 predator rifle. I love the price, but we will see how they shoot.Fiocchi Extrema Ammunition 223 Remington 50 Grain Hornady V-Max Box of 20I'll be sure to give a full report. However i would like to know if anyone has any experience with them yet.

#2 Fett

Fett

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 07:23 AM

Okay, first day out, with the following ammo:Nosler Match Grade 55 gr. Balistic Tips $29.99Federal Prem. V shock 40 gr. Balistic tips $24.99Fiocchi Extrema 50 gr. V max $11.29(all prices Midway.com)I did not have a bench vice, only a bipod and a couple sandbags. I utilized a 4-14 VX-1 Luep. on 12 of course. There was a noticable left to right wind, gusty.All three shot in the 1-1.2" range. I saw the best groups from the fiocchi and the nosler, both performed about the same. Given the conditions, and the lack of a bench vice, I intend to try again when I can find a vice to borrow, beg, or rent.My decision: Although I will try these again next to each other in the right conditions, witht he 10 nosler i have remaining, I chose to get 10 boxes of the Fiocchi on their way. They are already out of stock, so mine are on back order with Midway :) but at less than half the price of either of the others, I decided that it was more than adequate. I'll get some pics of resulting groups next trip.

#3 4RHUNTS

4RHUNTS

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts
  • Interests:Hunting for varmints, two and four legged varieties, deer, pigs, birds, reloading, and fishing.

Posted 03 October 2008 - 07:49 AM

WOW, are those prices for 20 rnd boxes? If so, man I'm glad I reload!! I shoot the 50 gr. vmax in my 223 and 22-250 with great results. Sounds like you should order 10 more boxes!!

#4 Jeff

Jeff

SacramentoSkullWorks

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 10:09 AM

I'm having really good groups (1" with no vice) using 50gr. Black Hills V-Max out of my Model 10. just another option. And they are about $30 (I think - I haven't bought a box in awhile as I am rarely shooting that gun these days) or so for 50...
Sacramento Skull Works ...on Facebook!
Using Dermestid beetles to produce museum quality skulls for your trophy collection.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

#5 300wsm

300wsm

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 07:24 AM

I also shoot the Blackhills Blue box 50 gr. V-Max in my Remmi 700 sps. it shoots 1.25"@ 100 or better. I think I paid $24.50/40 for this at Barnwood in Ripon. ,,,300wsm

#6 Fett

Fett

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 12:25 PM

I do have 10 boxes of the Fiocchi in the mail, lol.

#7 rdsii64

rdsii64

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 10:54 AM

I know this is a way old thread. but my rifle put 4 55 grain soft points from black hills (blue Box) on top of each other. My rifle also put 14 40 grain vmax from Fiocchi in one ragged hole.Both Fiocchi and Black hills make fine ammo. For what its worth my barrel twist is 12

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users