10 replies to this topic

#1 rude robert

rude robert

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 06:52 PM

if the Lord allows me to go, meaning nothing happens like job lost or vehicle problems etc. hopefully diesel fuel will keep dropping, right now it will cost me almost 800 to drive there and back. i will be able to take the quad, and hopefully the snow will not be that deep so i can use it lol. i just have the stock tires on it and have no plans to get different ones right now. i seen on u tube atv going in the snow only with tires, so hopefully if i get to take it the snow will not be too deep lol. taking the truck will be twice as much as taking the car, but id hope it would make it easier to pull the deer out. also, my friend has a elk tag so if i get the deer early, we can go after the elk, i cant wait. i hope all works out okay, id sure like to help him get an elk along with my deer :smiley_kewlpics:
Freedom isn't free, It's paid for in blood! How wonderful, how marvelous is my Saviors love is for Me. He said that it's finished, the debt has been paid for in full.

#2 fakawee

fakawee

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts
  • Interests:4Wheeling, Hunting, Target Shooting, Fishing, Camping, Kayaking and Glassing the countryside.

Posted 22 September 2008 - 07:12 PM

Good Luck up there Rude! You should have no problem with riding that quad thru snow or mud. Just don't let it get high centered where your tires have no traction and your skid plates/frame are sitting on top of the snow. It's a major pain trying to get a quad unstuck!!! Have FUN!
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. Mark Twain

#3 CoyoteHuntress

CoyoteHuntress

Royal Oaks Taxidermy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts
  • Interests:Im a full time taxidermist and I LOVE Hunting- coyotes, bobcat, bear, boar, elk, deer etc..

Posted 22 September 2008 - 08:11 PM

You have a winch and a shovel?? If so pack at least a shovel.. Have a great time and take lots of picks... Hope you get a BIG gut pile :roflmao3[1]:
Royal Oaks TaxidermyAward Winning Taxidermist...When Quality Counts! DEER CAPES WANTED

#4 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 09:47 PM

Crude just went up $18 a barrel today.

#5 rude robert

rude robert

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 11:23 PM

thanks for the news lol i heard that oil went up but im living with denialno winch i will bring a shovel. had a toy 4x4 yrs ago and got stuck in snow lol by the time i dug to road i could walk under the trk. i hope digging a little quad will be easier lol
Freedom isn't free, It's paid for in blood! How wonderful, how marvelous is my Saviors love is for Me. He said that it's finished, the debt has been paid for in full.

#6 Camoghost

Camoghost

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 07:55 AM

Just got back from Idaho, sorry I have been slammed here at work so I haven't posted my full report or pics.. 1 thing is for sure, there are tons of deer this year. We saw 20 bucks in 8 days. One of them was the biggest mule deer buck I have ever seen.. As far as the elk go... Well the wolves are not making it easy! It was 300.00 to fly there direct from LAX on United.. However Idaho is a very quad friendly state so it might be a good call to take it. Good luck!

#7 PredatorMaster

PredatorMaster

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 08:13 AM

Good luck if your going with a buddy at least he can split the cost of fuel. Take the camera.

#8 rude robert

rude robert

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 01:05 PM

actually he lives up there about 40 miles from canada. with almost 8 kids now. no splitting fuel unless i make my wife pay half lol

#9 mac

mac

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,503 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 01:40 PM

there are hunting regs wrt off-road use of quads in Idaho..make sure you follow all the signs. Most of the time you can only use quads off road to retreive your kill. It's been a few years since I hunted in Idaho, but they will definitely nail you if you're caught not obeying the rules...and, helmets are required.
Mac Daddy"Lock, Stock and Two Smokin' Barrels"

#10 mac

mac

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,503 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 01:53 PM

here's the info regarding use of ATVs in Idaho:http://fishandgame.idaho.gov/hunt/atv/
Mac Daddy"Lock, Stock and Two Smokin' Barrels"

#11 rude robert

rude robert

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 02:17 PM

thx mac for the info, we will be in unit 1and 2 i dont see any restrictions. my friend says tha people drive their motorcycles without helmets up there so im a bit confused about the helmet rule but i have them being from commcali anyways. he says a lot of people use them up there because there isnt any roads way up there and my friend says thtat he hasnt come across any other hunters before. now isnt that cool robert

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users