26 replies to this topic

#1 OrneryOlMofo357

OrneryOlMofo357

Tikka Shooter, and a bad shot at that.

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,976 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 11:55 AM

I wrote to a Post by Byron South on another forum when the Rem R15 came out, and Asked if there would be a Kali Model available. He said he knew of no such Plans.. I saw a 15, and a 25 at the Placerville Gunshow. They had Bullet Button Mags, thereby skirting the Removable Mag situation. The Price on the R 15 was $ 1400.00 dollars, so for the AR Guys, they are available. Just wanted to pass along the Info !
“Fathom the hypocrisy of a government that require every citizen to prove they are insured... but not everyone must prove they are a citizen.”

#2 fakawee

fakawee

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts
  • Interests:4Wheeling, Hunting, Target Shooting, Fishing, Camping, Kayaking and Glassing the countryside.

Posted 21 September 2008 - 03:49 PM

Hey Ornery, I've been patiently waiting for mine to get out of jail. I had to wait for it to arrive from Ten Percent Firearms in Taft before my FFL in El Cajon, would allow me to start filling out the paperwork. It arrived Thursday so she will be out of jail on Monday the 29th. :rolleyes: :signs1242cn:
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. Mark Twain

#3 donkey12

donkey12

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 05:37 PM

Down here in so cal the r15 is 1200 and the r25 is 1600.Both have the bb as well.
Don't be stupid

#4 OrneryOlMofo357

OrneryOlMofo357

Tikka Shooter, and a bad shot at that.

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,976 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 02:25 AM

Please give us a Range report when it comes in ! Kool looking Rifle !
“Fathom the hypocrisy of a government that require every citizen to prove they are insured... but not everyone must prove they are a citizen.”

#5 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 08:51 AM

I wish the R-25 came in 260 Remington.

#6 fakawee

fakawee

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts
  • Interests:4Wheeling, Hunting, Target Shooting, Fishing, Camping, Kayaking and Glassing the countryside.

Posted 22 September 2008 - 10:59 AM

Please give us a Range report when it comes in ! Kool looking Rifle !

Definitely!
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. Mark Twain

#7 Stevieloco

Stevieloco

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 06:55 AM

So, I guess I am missing if we can buy this gun in California. I definitaly want one. Can we?

#8 wannakillacoyote

wannakillacoyote

"You can call me WKC"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
  • Interests:Hunting....Predators, Varmints and Upland Game but would like to try larger game.
    Computers....It's what i do for a living and sometimes for fun.
    Movies
    Spending time with the Family

Posted 30 September 2008 - 06:59 AM

Yes you can own one. The dealership or FFL you buyfrom here in Cali HAS to buy it from an out of state dealer. That out of state dealer must install a Bullet Button before shipping to California. The Bullet button makes the R-15 a Non-Assault weapon. Any R-15's you see in a gun shop here in california WILL have a Bullet Button or possibly a Prince50.
Posted ImageA well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

#9 fakawee

fakawee

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 11:06 AM

Got mine out of jail last night! Just posted it in the AR15 section. I'll take pictures after work today! Oh, it comes with the bullet button but you can opt for the prince 50 also. I took the safer route with the BB-I think!

#10 wannakillacoyote

wannakillacoyote

"You can call me WKC"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
  • Interests:Hunting....Predators, Varmints and Upland Game but would like to try larger game.
    Movies

Posted 30 September 2008 - 11:23 AM

I held your rifle at 10percent, that thing is NICE!! I'm jealous.I agree with the BB over Prince50. Seems MORE LEGAL if that makes any sense.
Posted ImageA well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

#11 gandhi

gandhi

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 03:51 PM

This dealer will install a BB on a rifle and ship to your FFL. I actually ordered my R25 from a dealer in Nebraska and had it shipped to Adam. Adam installed the BB, (for a VERY reasonable price,) and shipped to my local FFL. All of this was done within the law. Adam FrankFreakshow Manufacturing LLC200 Hecla StLaurium, MI 49913-2126PH: 906-281-2213FAX: 906-934-2139adam@freakshowguns.comwww.freakshowmanufacturing.comFFL# 4-38-04430

#12 sertshark

sertshark

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 05:20 PM

These are beautiful looking guns. I wonder what twist rate is available? The Remington site doesn't say as far as I could see.I heard they bought out bushmaster, but I've only heard it as hearsay. Remington does a great job putting camo on their guns. My shotgun in Break-up is very nice. I'd love to have one of these. They look to be about 1200 bucks.

#13 fakawee

fakawee

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 02:27 PM

Sertshark, Remington and Bushmaster are owned by the same company (Serbius I think). Remington didn't buy them out. The R-15 that I have has a 1:9 twist rate like most AR-15's unless they changed something recently. Ten Percent Firearms in Bakersfield sells them for $1400. Some say that's too much but if you want a complete gun with the Bullet Button installed and an extra 10 round mag you'll find a way to buy it like I did. I'm in the process of buying my friends' R-25 in .308 cal. who is in Arizona. My FFL is going to install the Bullet button as soon as it arrives to make it "legal". My friend doesn't like the colors or the weight of the R-25. His loss, my gain!

#14 woodog

woodog

Shooter

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  • Interests:Open Field Coursing and hunting.

Posted 07 January 2009 - 03:22 PM

I'm in the process of buying my friends' R-25 in .308 cal. who is in Arizona. My FFL is going to install the Bullet button as soon as it arrives to make it "legal".

You might want to check out installing the bullet button in California. The R-15 you bought from Ten Percent Firearms had the BB installed in Wyoming before it could be legally shipped to California as a complete rifle, even to a FFL. BTW, add DPMS to the list of companies now owned by the same company that owns Remingtion and Bushmaster.Woo
Maricopa in the Southern San Joaquin Valley

#15 Yodel Dog

Yodel Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,636 posts
  • Interests:Guns and hunting, fishing when I can.

Posted 07 January 2009 - 05:41 PM

BTW, add DPMS to the list of companies now owned by the same company that owns Remingtion and Bushmaster.

...and Remington owns Marlin...and Marlin owns "New England Firearms" and "Harrington and Richardson".

#16 wannakillacoyote

wannakillacoyote

"You can call me WKC"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
    Movies

Posted 07 January 2009 - 06:02 PM

Ten Percent Firearms in Bakersfield sells them for $1400.

Ten Percent is in Taft. :)An Woo is right about shipping a complete rifle (AR Type) into Cali. It NEEDS the BB installed before it is sent to Cali.

#17 Bronco

Bronco

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts
  • Interests:Hunting i.e. deer, varmints, yotes. Target Shooting, Trap Shooting.

Posted 07 January 2009 - 06:12 PM

I understand that the R-15 is made by Bushmaster and the R-25 is made by DPMS.
Posted ImagePosted ImageNRA Member

#18 fakawee

fakawee

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 12:20 AM

Woo and WKC, you guys are right again! I haven't spoken to my FFL since Monday so I called him tonight and he says he already sent the BB with installation instructions to my friends' FFL. See, most of the FFL's know what to do! And Chris, Bakersfield is close enough to Taft for me! Aren't they within spittin' distance of each other? :)

#19 wannakillacoyote

wannakillacoyote

"You can call me WKC"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
    Movies

Posted 08 January 2009 - 09:03 AM

No way man. Not even within shootin distance. Taft is NOT Bakersfield. Most people not from here or only know Bakersfield as that dusty town they drive through on the 99 (or Worse I5 which doesn't actually go through Bakersfield) think it's this tiny little place. It's actually quite large (I think it's the 11th largest city in Cali).I'm not bragging at all about Bakersfield and i would like to move, but I wouldn't move to Taft. :) :) :)

#20 krushem2000

krushem2000

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 12:56 PM

price for remington I've seen at northern ca gun shows so far $1499 and only one dealer was carrying it. Sonoma Firearms (I've brought from them in past but will weigh options if buy from them again).

#21 novaman64

novaman64

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts
  • Interests:motorcycles, shooting, hunting, muscle cars, snow skiing, wakeboarding, barefooting, camping, horses, livestock

Posted 13 January 2009 - 07:29 AM

If your in Dixon, Sac isnt all too far from ya, River City Gun Exchange has them in stock...

#22 steve R-15

steve R-15

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 07:10 AM

Hey guys, I just got myself a Remington R-15 and LOVE this gun. I put a Leupold Vari X III 3.5-9x40mm on it. I made it Cali legal with the button but haven't had a chance to take it in the field and see what kind of responses I get. What paperwork do you guys suggest I carry with me just in case the fish cops or LEO approach me? I've read somewhere in these posts that one guy was carrying the OLL and AW flow chart, does anyone know where I can get these documents?Thanks,Steve

#23 Yodel Dog

Yodel Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,636 posts
  • Interests:Guns and hunting, fishing when I can.

Posted 29 January 2009 - 07:33 AM

...where I can get these documents?

Right about here: http://www.calguns.net/caawid/flowchart.pdf

#24 steve R-15

steve R-15

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 08:03 AM

Thank you very much for that, I already have it printed and will get it laminated very soon. Lets just hope that if an LEO is reading it he doesn't let his ego overrule printed rules and regs!!Thanks again,Steve

#25 steve R-15

steve R-15

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 08:17 AM

Ok so the first day at the range with the new R-15.......WOW.....what a great gun!! You guys are going to cringe when I tell you I was using WOLF ammo but it's what was available. I used a 55gr soft point and I sighted in at 50yds. I had very nice results holding a silver dollar size pattern with ten shots. Keep in mind that I was trying to sight in my scope as I was making these shots and it was gusting about 10kts. The rifle cycled rounds very smoothly but on occasion the rounds got stuck in the mag, thus not allowing the bolt to close.......I didn't like that very much, but I blame that on the WOLF!! The trigger is a bit stiff as others have mentioned but nothing you can't work with....I didn't think it was too stiff that it hindered the ability to make a clean shot. I think this is going to be a great predator gun and Remington (Bushmaster) really put together a great gun. The factory camo is sharp looking and surprisingly tough. There are a few small spots (under the charging handle) that rub a little and I am seeing slight wear, not enough to cause a fuss though. I can't wait to get a Yote in the cross hairs, and I will certainly let you guys know how that hunt goes!!Happy Hunting,Steve

#26 fakawee

fakawee

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 07:43 PM

Get yourself a Timney Single Stage trigger (factory set at 3lbs) and a Hogue Grip! It's the best mods you can make for your R-15!

#27 steve R-15

steve R-15

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 06:16 AM

I was looking at those triggers and I think it would make a great addition to a fantastic gun but I'm a tiny bit disapointed at Remington for not putting a slightly better trigger in this gun for the price they attach to it. Overall....good gun, with the mods you mention....probably will be an outstanding gun!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users