#1 Iron Worker

Iron Worker

Iron worker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts
  • Interests:Hunting/Fishing/ Hiking

Posted 12 March 2006 - 09:23 AM

Whats the best Lyman or RCBS? Lyman is $165 RCBS is $185.

#2 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,152 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 12 March 2006 - 10:35 AM

Whats the best Lyman or RCBS? Lyman is $165 RCBS is $185.

First of all neither of the ones you mentioned. The best power case trimmer made is produced by Doug Giraud. This is the one I and several other of our membership own.Posted ImageIt sells for $365 with one set of cutters. Oh, and besides just trimming to length it bevels the inside and outside of the case mouth. Here is a link to the website.http://www.giraudtool.com/index.htmBelieve me there isn't another trimmer made that can compete with this model. It is made better, stronger and will trim cases faster and more precisely than anything else made. :lol:

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#3 RayGun

RayGun

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 12 March 2006 - 06:49 PM

..... within REASONABLE cost, I'd take the Lyman. Just personal preferance though, never used an RCBS. I like my Lyman, 1) because I could afford it, and 2) I already had several pilots from my old Lyman manual trimmer.

#4 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,152 posts

Posted 12 March 2006 - 07:10 PM

Okay Ray, you got me there but then I have bought so much stuff over the years. I now find it's easiest to just get the best first time around. Even if I have to save a bit to do it. Nothing wrong with the others and no disrespect intended. I just know that everybody that has used the Giraud will never go back. :lol:

Time waits for no one--

#5 RayGun

RayGun

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 12 March 2006 - 09:39 PM

I agree completely. Once you use the best ..... but we must work within our budgets. Many years ago all I could afford was a set of Lee Loader dies, using the mallet and file method. Shooters now days have no clue what that was like. Those were the days..... And I will never go back. Thanks to progressive presses, fancy powder measures, and electric case trimmers, etc. But then, I don't have a electronic scale yet. But I do have my toys and I have the time and money now to play with them, whereas many years ago I could either afford some toys or play, not both. I most often chose play and used the toys I had on hand.

#6 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,152 posts

Posted 12 March 2006 - 10:25 PM

Nothing wrong with that Ray :P . My first shotgun shell reloading was done with a Lee reloading set. It wasn't fast but it was good enough to keep me shooting. :lol:

Time waits for no one--

#7 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 12 March 2006 - 10:38 PM

Ray,You' in the market for an electric dispenser/scale?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users