• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 lilwes278

lilwes278

SATISFACTORY!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting, fishing, four wheeling, riding ATV's, camping, and the various ECV activities...

Posted 12 September 2008 - 05:36 PM

Check out how gray this guy is already! It was about 85* & sunshine today and he looks like he's ready for snow. The second picture will show you how gray he is compared to the other deer that have been hanging around. I WANT HIM!!! :) Posted ImagePosted Image

#2 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,804 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 12 September 2008 - 05:58 PM

He looks like a nice fatty too. Go get him Wes. When does your season open up? Archery and gun.

#3 PredatorMaster

PredatorMaster

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 06:39 PM

Looks good Rut has started here my buddy hit a deer today with his car this morning. Bow season started last weekend rifle starts on the 18th of Oct. I spent two hours looking for that deer this morning nothing he said it was a big buck. Oh well I will watch to see if the buzzards start coming in. Or maybe it survived.

#4 ehd

ehd

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,836 posts
  • Interests:Predator hunting ,and hog hunting with my dogs.

Posted 13 September 2008 - 05:28 AM

That is a nice fat buck

#5 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 04:36 PM

Is it possible that is just his normal color?

#6 lilwes278

lilwes278

SATISFACTORY!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting, fishing, four wheeling, riding ATV's, camping, and the various ECV activities...

Posted 13 September 2008 - 09:10 PM

Is it possible that is just his normal color?

Nope. This is the same large 3x3 that I've been following since I got my trail cameras. Here's his pics in order:Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImageAnd another comparison between his color and the rest of the deer... At first I thought he was prematurely starting the rut (especially with this picture), but I have other pictures of him traveling with 2 more bucks. :)Posted ImageI also got a picture of this guy:Posted Image

#7 lilwes278

lilwes278

SATISFACTORY!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 09:52 PM

He looks like a nice fatty too. Go get him Wes. When does your season open up? Archery and gun.

Here's the dates for the zone I'm hunting:Early archery runs 8/30 - 9/28Firearm runs 10/4 - 11/9Late archery runs 11/22 - 12/14Problem is, I haven't had a single full day to go hunting yet. I've been working some long & crazy hours and the weekends are no good either... Today the wife & I took my daughter to the Portland Zoo for her birthday (what a NIGHTMARE!). Tomorrow I have to help a friend finish getting his rental house cleaned up & painted so the new renters can start moving in on tuesday. The following saturday my brew partner & I are brewing a couple more batches of beer but I may be able to sneak off for a couple hours in the morning (*crosses fingers*). And next sunday I'll be leaving for work in Pasco, Washington for a week. There's never enough hours in a day!!! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users