Photo

Picked up my Taurus PT145 Millenium Pro last night!!

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 wannakillacoyote

wannakillacoyote

"You can call me WKC"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
  • Interests:Hunting....Predators, Varmints and Upland Game but would like to try larger game.
    Computers....It's what i do for a living and sometimes for fun.
    Movies
    Spending time with the Family

Posted 12 September 2008 - 08:36 AM

Out of DROS jail last night. Now she is safely tucked away in my safe. $300 shipped from Buds!!Hopefully this weekend I will be able to get her cleaned and maybe get some pics (though my wife is out of town and my 3yr old will be getting all my attention). :angry2: It will be at least a week before I will be able to shoot it.I have some target ammo from Wal-mart for it and I will probably pick up a box of WWB HD ammo today after work. Plan to get some rounds through it before starting the reloading process.
Posted ImageA well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

#2 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,790 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 12 September 2008 - 08:52 AM

Is this the one? It looks really sweet, even to me, who is a wheel gun guy!Posted Image
[url="""]http://www.CallsbyBraz.com'>http://www.CallsbyBraz.com[/url]
Handmade Calls by Braz
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."--Mark Twain

#3 wannakillacoyote

wannakillacoyote

"You can call me WKC"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
  • Interests:Hunting....Predators, Varmints and Upland Game but would like to try larger game.
    Movies

Posted 12 September 2008 - 09:17 AM

Yep, that's it. Mine is a 3rd generation so the markings are abit different. I have the ALL Blue one, but the markings look like this:Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImageA well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

#4 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 12:57 PM

That's a little turd!

#5 wannakillacoyote

wannakillacoyote

"You can call me WKC"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
    Movies

Posted 12 September 2008 - 01:17 PM

^^^ I know!! It's pretty much the smallest most concealable 45ACP that holds 10+1. :) I haven't had a chance to compare the two, but it is basically the same size as my 9mm XD Subcompact except it's skinnier and packs a LOT more punch. :)

#6 wannakillacoyote

wannakillacoyote

"You can call me WKC"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
    Movies

Posted 14 September 2008 - 07:27 PM

Here she is!!I'll have to do a comparison pic later on of this and my XD-9sc (they are almost IDENTICAL in size).Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#7 BullsEye

BullsEye

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,057 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 07:50 PM

Nice lookin pistol!

#8 wannakillacoyote

wannakillacoyote

"You can call me WKC"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
    Movies

Posted 15 September 2008 - 07:47 PM

Thanks! And how about those pics. :huh: My first time shooting closeups like that and converting to B/W.Now I just need to find some time to get out and shoot it. :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow:

#9 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 07:52 PM

The black and white pictures are very cool.

#10 BullsEye

BullsEye

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,057 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 08:40 PM

Let us know how she shoots. I was looking at one a while back and they are a cool gun.

#11 wannakillacoyote

wannakillacoyote

"You can call me WKC"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
    Movies

Posted 16 September 2008 - 12:58 PM

Will do. I just think it's the best deal out there if you are looking for a large caliber in CCW.Now hopefully it doesn't scare the dog poop out of me shooting it. :0

#12 Jeff

Jeff

SacramentoSkullWorks

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 08:03 AM

So I've been looking around for a 9mm subcompact that I can afford (as in, not a Springfield EMP unfortunately) and I was planning on the XD since I love my .45 service model. But then you had to go and post up a pretty sweet little, inexpensive subcompact .45. Thaaaanks a lot. Now I have even more choices in my head.
Sacramento Skull Works ...on Facebook!
Using Dermestid beetles to produce museum quality skulls for your trophy collection.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

#13 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 08:10 AM

Chris, how big are your hands? I think I'd only be able to get 3 fingers around that grip and wouldn't feel very comfortable.

#14 wannakillacoyote

wannakillacoyote

"You can call me WKC"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
    Movies

Posted 17 September 2008 - 10:17 AM

So I've been looking around for a 9mm subcompact that I can afford (as in, not a Springfield EMP unfortunately) and I was planning on the XD since I love my .45 service model. But then you had to go and post up a pretty sweet little, inexpensive subcompact .45. Thaaaanks a lot. Now I have even more choices in my head.

Haha! :1019: :653: :1019: I guess you came to the right place as I own BOTH of those pistols. The XD-9SC is an AWESOME handgun and I have put probably 1000+ rounds through mine without a hiccup. I LOVE that XD, but it is a little on the thick side for CCW and NOT a .45ACP!The PT145 is the EXACT same size as the XD but slightly thinner. I haven't even shot it yet, so I can't give you a report on that. I have done TONS of research though and there are plenty of LEO's using this as there CCW weapon.One last thing to think about is that the Blue PT145 is $300 shipped from Buds. The XD-9SC is $440 shipped from Buds. :)

Chris, how big are your hands? I think I'd only be able to get 3 fingers around that grip and wouldn't feel very comfortable.

I do have small hands, so both the XD-9SC and PT145 fit me just fine. There are TONS of large handed folks using these though, you just have to adjust your grip a bit.

#15 Jeff

Jeff

SacramentoSkullWorks

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 02:41 PM

There sure isn't anything wrong with $300 shipped...unless of course you keep not spending the money on your AR's where you're supposed to be spending it. :roflmao3[1]:
Sacramento Skull Works ...on Facebook!
Using Dermestid beetles to produce museum quality skulls for your trophy collection.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

#16 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,790 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 18 September 2008 - 02:50 PM

How about a picture of it in your hand?
[url="""]http://www.CallsbyBraz.com'>http://www.CallsbyBraz.com[/url]
Handmade Calls by Braz
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."--Mark Twain

#17 wannakillacoyote

wannakillacoyote

"You can call me WKC"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
    Movies

Posted 18 September 2008 - 04:31 PM

I'll try to get a pic up of the PT145 in my hand. That is what you were wanting a picture of, right? :fireworks3: :horse apples: :roflmao3[1]:

#18 wannakillacoyote

wannakillacoyote

"You can call me WKC"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
    Movies

Posted 20 September 2008 - 08:03 PM

Got to fire off 20 rounds today. :drool: This thing shoots VERY SMOOTH. This is my first 45ACP and I was worried about the recoil. It wasn't any more than my XD-SC 9mm. I was shooting Winchester White Box 230gr Hollow Points.My shots were consistantly low, but I think that can be resolved with some practice. I'm not used to these sights or the trigger.Overall I am VERY pleased with my $339 purchase. :)

#19 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,230 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 06:43 PM

I like the look of that pistol I need to pick one up next time i go to the gun shop. I wonder if its the same size of the compact khar those are small to and chambered in 9mm,40and 45.

#20 wannakillacoyote

wannakillacoyote

"You can call me WKC"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
    Movies

Posted 22 September 2008 - 11:56 AM

Wow! Those Kahr's are expensive! The new smal .45 Kahr's I think only hold 6 rounds. They are probably a bit smallerdue to less capacity, but I'm not sure.

#21 Mayhem

Mayhem

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting, Fishing, wwII aviation. Flight sims, Computer games.

Posted 22 September 2008 - 09:43 PM

How does the Taurus PT145 Millennium Pro compare in size to the Baby Glocks like the Glock 27?
Smyrna Lodge #532 F. & A.M.Virtus Junxit Mors Non Separabit!

#22 wannakillacoyote

wannakillacoyote

"You can call me WKC"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
    Movies

Posted 23 September 2008 - 07:16 AM

I don't know, I don't have a glock. But, does the 27 come in .45ACP? If I remember right though, the baby Glocks have REALLY short grips. Most guys end up getting the extended magazines so the grip will be longer, which kind of defeats the small purpose. If the 27's don't come in 45, it's not a realistic comparison.

#23 Mayhem

Mayhem

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting, Fishing, wwII aviation. Flight sims, Computer games.

Posted 23 September 2008 - 05:14 PM

The g27 is a .40 the g30 and g36 are .45 acp the baby glocks all have really short grips except the g36 (I THINK). I prefere .40 for self defense Carry. I prefere .45 for home defense (frangables) and just about everything else.
Smyrna Lodge #532 F. & A.M.Virtus Junxit Mors Non Separabit!

#24 woodog

woodog

Shooter

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  • Interests:Open Field Coursing and hunting.

Posted 23 September 2008 - 05:27 PM

I don't know, I don't have a glock. But, does the 27 come in .45ACP? If I remember right though, the baby Glocks have REALLY short grips. Most guys end up getting the extended magazines so the grip will be longer, which kind of defeats the small purpose. If the 27's don't come in 45, it's not a realistic comparison.

I'll bring along my 27/.40 next time we hunt.Woo
Maricopa in the Southern San Joaquin Valley

#25 wannakillacoyote

wannakillacoyote

"You can call me WKC"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
    Movies

Posted 23 September 2008 - 05:29 PM

Yeah, this will be CCW (if I get approved) plus it will be on my side when hunting. I wanted something with 10+1 with as much punch as possible while still being small. I have a XD-SC 9mm, but it just didn't feelt like enough. :)I'm REALLY happy with this little pistol so far especially the light recoil. :P

#26 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,230 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 04:56 PM

Wow! Those Kahr's are expensive! The new smal .45 Kahr's I think only hold 6 rounds. They are probably a bit smallerdue to less capacity, but I'm not sure.

Those khars sure are thats why I haven't bought one yet I do like how they are small this way when you in and out and crawing around you don't have a gun poking you in the side that how I feel about it . I was told most Leo use them for off duty .Right now I want a big bore revolver but I do like the look of your pistol have you shot it yet?. I am thinking of putting in a application for a ccw our sheriff Mark Pazin merced county is pro ccw.

#27 wannakillacoyote

wannakillacoyote

"You can call me WKC"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
    Movies

Posted 30 September 2008 - 05:39 PM

Sorry, missed this til now.I have shot 20rds through it. Kinda hard to get used to the sights. They are Straight 8 and you cover the bullseye with the top dot. My other pistols and open sight rifles all line up to where the top edge of the sights split the bullseye in the middle. Does that make sense? Anyway, it will take some getting used to but with a little range time I will have it down.I really like the feel and size of it, and it doesn't kick anymore than my XD 9mm. I will be getting a Crossbreed Supertuck for CCW when/if I get approved.You should put your CCW paperwork ASAP. Who knows what the future might bring especially with the pending election.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users