#1 huntnsurf

huntnsurf

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, surfing,fishing,sports,target shooting,reloading,camping

Posted 10 September 2008 - 03:33 PM

I have an old Sheridan C series .20 cal pump air gun that needs some repair just wondering if its worth fixing? Please give your thoughts.Attached File  001a.JPG   100.64KB   54 downloads

#2 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,192 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, PCP Airguns, Flying (home builts)

Posted 10 September 2008 - 03:35 PM

I have one about 30 yrs old that still works great. What happened to it?

#3 huntnsurf

huntnsurf

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, surfing,fishing,sports,target shooting,reloading,camping

Posted 10 September 2008 - 03:43 PM

My son took it out with the neighbor and they didnt load it proper and kept puting pelts in until it was jammed up. I tried to remove the barrel but it just wasnt happening. Its about 20 years old its killed alot of rabbits.

#4 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,192 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, PCP Airguns, Flying (home builts)

Posted 10 September 2008 - 04:06 PM

I repaired a Sheridan pistol only because the "kit" they sell came with a small instruction sheet. http://www.pyramydai...ccessory_id=911

#5 DKOwen

DKOwen

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 04:25 PM

Unless it's special, it'll cost more to have it fixed than replaced.As you see, sometimes the solder joint fails (often because of the rear sight clamp....), once a crack starts, it keeps going.IMO the best advice is to mount a peep sight and remove the factory rear.Doug Owen

#6 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,664 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 10 September 2008 - 05:33 PM

The best way to get a price is to Google - sheridan pellet gun repairI still shoot my old Sheridan Silver Streak and it works great.Posted Image

#7 Stan

Stan

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 08:54 PM

Had mine repaired and a couple of air pistols that other repair places said no parts were available All I can say he does a great job and is reasonable on priceAir-Venture Airguns,9752 East Flower,Bellflower,CA,90706http://home1.gte.net...irgun/about.htm562-867-6355

#8 Yodel Dog

Yodel Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,636 posts
  • Interests:Guns and hunting, fishing when I can.

Posted 10 September 2008 - 10:13 PM

There is a gentleman in San Jose who repairs airguns. Benjamin/Sheridans were running about $125, complete rebuilds/replacement of guts. I believe he is one of Crossman's Warranty Stations. Crossman purchased Benjamin/Sheridan some time back.I can provide contact info if needed.

#9 crazyhorse

crazyhorse

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,397 posts
  • Interests:Bass fishing,Kayaking,Airgun hunting

Posted 11 September 2008 - 05:37 AM

http://www.mac1airgun.com/

#10 Bone

Bone

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • Interests:Motorcycles, Airguns, Inventing and Fishing

Posted 28 October 2008 - 01:09 PM

I just refinished a Sheridan Model C (1983) that I bought about 3 months ago. It was in good shooing condition when I bought it. Got it for $30 and stock was a little rough but overall shot fine. I wanted to give it a steroid treatment which I had done by Mac1 and Tim is a great guy to work with. Talk about a power change. 9 pumps will send it through a 1 inch pine board and you can pump it to 14! Can't wait to put it on the chrony. I did some polish work and centered stock with trigger because the trigger originally hit the side of the opening and obvious to one side of the trigger guard. Brass plated the trigger guard and used brass screws to mount it with. The screws I used where machine screws so I had to use nuts on the inside. I came up with a neat trick to do if you want the hex screws to set flush inside of the stock. Took a piece of 6-32 rod about a foot long and added a nut to the end. Stuck the rod through the stock and held the long screw end with the nut over a flame until red hot. Then pulled the nut down on the wood burning the hex shape perfectly into it. Anyway I'm pretty proud of it as you can tell. Here are a few pictures.BoneAttached File  1.jpg   4.59KB   15 downloadsAttached File  2.jpg   5.2KB   15 downloadsAttached File  3.jpg   15.99KB   15 downloads

#11 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,664 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 28 October 2008 - 01:16 PM

It looks really nice! :signs1111cr: I've got an older model Sheridan myself and it still shoots well today after 40+years. They are hard to beat for an extremely reliable airgun.

#12 Fishwrestler

Fishwrestler

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Interests:I am an Avid fisherman who would like to spend more time Varmint and Predator hunting. Trying to fit in all the hobbies with two young kids is a challenge.

Posted 28 October 2008 - 06:38 PM

Not sure how sheridian is. But mine is going on 30 plus years. It sat in an old dry closet for 10 years and I noticed a crack iin the stock. Called them up sent the gun in and they replaced the stock with a new one free of charge. Might be worth a try. Fishwrestler

#13 Bone

Bone

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • Interests:Motorcycles, Airguns, Inventing and Fishing

Posted 28 October 2008 - 06:57 PM

Thanks ShooterJohn I appreciate it. Just a love. I don't do it for money but just like to trick them out some. This gun would work well as a survival gun. I think the seals Tim puts in is several generations better then the old ones and wouldn't be surprised if they last 25 years of more. The gun is light weight, accurate and very capable of taking game. Especially now sense Mac1 worked on it. Try to pump it 14 times! LOL Got to start working on my AR6 pistol next. I have an older one. Well not sure exactly and still trying to figure when it was made and how many. It's a 22 cal 6 shot repeater with a few differences. 1 is the barrel is threaded. 2 the stock is a different shape and has a shoulder stock with it. Looks factory and beautiful finish. I'm going to gold plate things and tear into it and would like to have the seals redone on it as well. So if anybody can help on that please let me know. I've chrony it and it does kick ass. Over 1000 when filled. Changes quickly though. Goes from plus 1000 to 800 in 6 shots (16 grain lead hollow point pellets). Fun gun to shoot though.Fishwrestler, I totally agree. For a reasonable price they are solid guns and with some attention they can be awesome.Take care,Bone

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users