Photo

Quail ,gray squirrel, grouse season open.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,713 posts
  • Interests:Hunting ,Fishing , Wife ,Son ,Cat,Dog , My koi , Trad Bows.

Posted 07 September 2008 - 11:54 AM

Went up yesterday with a buddy thats a trad ( traditional archery dude ) I had my recurv and he was shooting a hand made orange sage stick bow with rattle snake backing on it Should of gotton a picture of it, cool looking. Any way we had a stalk on one real good forky Only a few white spots on it :drinks: and then a forky spike may two or three white spots :signs1180lq: , he tried a 60yrd shot but just low about 3" Seen 17 does and some fawns . Took all kinds of shots on quail all long 30- 40yd+ Ruffled some feathers on a couple . I did get a ground squirrel but with a blunt made it to it hole. The grays was too smart for us to get a shot off . We did kill a stump and a chunk of bark. No blood but had a blast getting close. Getting some flu flus made fore crow season. The guy is hooked on preds now called in two yotes no shots and a small bear. :signs165xk: no shots but real cool.
You can hop but you can't hide. Yahi Bowmen. Its not how far you can shoot but how close to the game you get when you shoot. Sights we don't need any sights. Why waist time reloading when I can be making arrows.

#2 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,787 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 07 September 2008 - 12:02 PM

Sounds like you had a lot of fun, and that's what it is all about.
[url="""]http://www.CallsbyBraz.com'>http://www.CallsbyBraz.com[/url]
Handmade Calls by Braz
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."--Mark Twain

#3 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,206 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 09:15 PM

Thats cool where did you guys go.How long did it take to call in the bear?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users