Photo

Quail ,gray squirrel, grouse season open.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,841 posts
  • Interests:Hunting ,Fishing , Wife ,Son ,Cat,Dog , My koi , Trad Bows.

Posted 07 September 2008 - 11:54 AM

Went up yesterday with a buddy thats a trad ( traditional archery dude ) I had my recurv and he was shooting a hand made orange sage stick bow with rattle snake backing on it Should of gotton a picture of it, cool looking. Any way we had a stalk on one real good forky Only a few white spots on it :drinks: and then a forky spike may two or three white spots :signs1180lq: , he tried a 60yrd shot but just low about 3" Seen 17 does and some fawns . Took all kinds of shots on quail all long 30- 40yd+ Ruffled some feathers on a couple . I did get a ground squirrel but with a blunt made it to it hole. The grays was too smart for us to get a shot off . We did kill a stump and a chunk of bark. No blood but had a blast getting close. Getting some flu flus made fore crow season. The guy is hooked on preds now called in two yotes no shots and a small bear. :signs165xk: no shots but real cool.

#2 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,814 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 07 September 2008 - 12:02 PM

Sounds like you had a lot of fun, and that's what it is all about.

#3 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,357 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 09:15 PM

Thats cool where did you guys go.How long did it take to call in the bear?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users