5 replies to this topic

#1 VarmintAir

VarmintAir

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 02:11 PM

I had an opportunity today to shoot my CRBSL indoors at 20 yards. Even at short ranges, you can definitely get some idea as to what a particular gun and pellet will do. The two bug holes are 5 shot groups using the JSB Exact Express 14.3 grain pellets, and the 4 shot group was made with the Beeman FTS 14.6 grain pellets. I didn't bother to shoot the fifth pellet knowing that it wasn't going to make the group look like the others. LOL. I was shooting seated in a chair with arms rests and the rifle was rested on my Stoney Point bipod. My right elbow was rested on the arm of the chair, and my left hand gripped the left leg of the bipod.I do believe this little beauty is going to be a shooter. I'm pretty excited about the possibilities anyway. It's going to be fun taking this compact rifle after ground squirrels.Posted ImagePosted Image
VarmintAir WebsiteAirgun Hunting the California Ground SquirrelVarmintAir's Airgun Hunting BlogDevoted to the sport of responsible varmint and small game hunting with Modern Adult Airguns

#2 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,337 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 04 September 2008 - 02:15 PM

Big difference in those groups Cliff. Do you have a picture of the gun? Just curious?

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#3 VarmintAir

VarmintAir

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 02:29 PM

Big difference in those groups Cliff. Do you have a picture of the gun? Just curious?

Here she is. I also tried some of the JSB Stratons and they made that FTS group look good. They are an interesting pellet but I can't get them to shoot in anything I own. Oh well.Posted Image
VarmintAir WebsiteAirgun Hunting the California Ground SquirrelVarmintAir's Airgun Hunting BlogDevoted to the sport of responsible varmint and small game hunting with Modern Adult Airguns

#4 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,337 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 03:34 PM

I guess the C stands for carbine? That looks like a great carry airgun. How's the sound volume?

Time waits for no one--

#5 VarmintAir

VarmintAir

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 05:01 PM

I guess the C stands for carbine? That looks like a great carry airgun. How's the sound volume?

Not as loud as the Discovery, but not as quiet as the ERB either. I wouldn't consider it backyard friendly by any means. The trigger was scary light when I got it. Don't like real light triggers on my field guns so I cranked it up to 1.5 pounds.

#6 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,337 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 07:13 PM

I know about the triggers. I hate just trying to get my finger on it when it goes off! :good:

Time waits for no one--

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users