1 reply to this topic

#1 Pogo

Pogo

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 863 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 09:31 AM

Hopefully attached is a target I shot this morning. The Federal stuff is a 50 grn HP that came from a bunch of 200rd bulk pack stuff that I snagged at Walmart a while back. I didn't expect it to shoot this well. After one fouling shot (I'd just cleaned, it has an X in it) it shot a nice group. The air was not good this morning, lot of mirage, so I can't complain at all about that group. Rifle is my 'el cheapo' coyote gun, a standard Rem 700 with a cheap Simmons WTC scope.Still can't get this gun to shoot 60grn V-Max worth a damn. It likes the 50grn V-Max and apparently the 50 grn Federal HP as well.Should be good squirrel and rock chuck food for this spring.At $74/200rd box I'd say this stuff is a good buy.

Attached Files

"I grew up poor. It's the people who are born with money who jump out of windows."---Lee TrevinoDo NOT spread my wealth. Spread my work ethic.Four out of five politicians surveyed prefer unarmed, ignorant peasants.Many people imply, with bad jokes, that Cajuns are unintelligent; however, anyone that would build a city 10 feet below sea level in a Hurricane zone and fill it with Democrats is a genius.

#2 Frank

Frank

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,759 posts
  • Interests:Coyote Hunting #1, Valley Quail 2nd. Former (Idaho) mule deer hunter

Posted 03 September 2008 - 04:29 PM

Glad you got some good results Pogo... Federal & Black Hills are probably my favorite factory ammo... even though I hardly shoot factory stuff until lately. And you're right... That is a very good buy indeed! I do not know why you want the 60gr to work so much, as the velocity has to really suck for starters. I am also inclined to believe they have to be a better coyote bullet than the V-max. The 50's & lighter would be my choice in the 223. But hey, not everyone likes the same thing that's for sure. Thanks for sharing your results... Very interesting!Frank

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users