Photo

Hevi-Shot "B" goose loads are a Duplex load?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dabob

dabob

Bob Morris Foxpro Field Staff

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,734 posts
  • Interests:Shooting Sporting Clays, Trap and Skeet, Hunting and Fishing

Posted 31 August 2008 - 04:53 PM

For the guys that have to use lead free shotgun shells for coyotes don't overlook the Hevi-Shot "B" loads. I bought some on sale at Sportsman's Warehouse in Arizona last February. I thought they would have more pellets in the 3" 1-1/2 oz 12 ga load than the Remington Wingmaster HD 3" BB 12ga load with 1-1/2 oz of shot. When I counted the pellets in the Rem HD BB load and the pellets in the Hevi-Shot "B" load they had the same amount of pellets in them. So the average size of the Hevi-Shot "B" pellets run a little larger than "B" size. Some of the pellets are much bigger than "B" size, they are very close to being "T" size pellets.Posted ImageThe pellets in this picture are Hevi-Shot "B" pellets and the copper colored pellets are Rem Wingmaster HD BB's. Quite a few of the Hevi-Shot "B" pellets are as big and even bigger than the Rem HD BB pellets are. The Hevi- Shot "B" goose loads are not my first choice for coyotes, but if I can buy them for over a dollar less per shell than the Remington HD BB's or the Hevi-Shot Dead Coyote shells I am going to buy some more.

#2 ehd

ehd

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,870 posts
  • Interests:Predator hunting ,and hog hunting with my dogs.

Posted 31 August 2008 - 05:23 PM

I would keep in mind to get consistant patterns the shot needs to be round to fly true. whatever that stuff is with the remington stuff is not very round by the pic. Makes for some inconsistant patterns.

#3 Moe

Moe

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,079 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 06:11 AM

Bi Mart had these on sale last year. A box of 25 was $15. ( Yeah, I think they had to have mis marked them but they often have clearances on stuff no one will buy) My friend, Bill, bought a box and killed a coyote with it at about 35 yards. Did a good job.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users