• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,058 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Antique Tractors, Clampin', and Relaxing

Posted 31 August 2008 - 03:59 PM

I have a .22 that I want to scope but I don't want to remove the rear barrel sight. You never know when a set of iron sights might come in handy. To clear the rear sight I want to get a scope that doesn't have a belled frontal objective. I don't really care how much magnification it has or if it's a variable or fixed power. I just want something that is nice looking (no huge eye bell) and doesn't cost a fortune. I'd also concider one of those short little scopes that are popular to use on ARs as long as the cross hairs aren't to thick. My buddy has one of them and it covers up alot of target at 100 yards. I think one of those would fit right behind the rear barrel sight.
My guns are mine, they aren't for sale, and I only give guns to people that I really like. So I guess the government is **** out of luck.

#2 Yodel Dog

Yodel Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,636 posts
  • Interests:Guns and hunting, fishing when I can.

Posted 31 August 2008 - 05:04 PM

You could also change the rear sight to a fold-down sight.

#3 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,058 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Antique Tractors, Clampin', and Relaxing

Posted 01 September 2008 - 08:03 AM

I wish I could. My .22 is a Remington Speedmaster. It doesn't have a dovetailed rear sight. It uses a screwed on sight base like the one used on a model 700.
My guns are mine, they aren't for sale, and I only give guns to people that I really like. So I guess the government is **** out of luck.

#4 Yodel Dog

Yodel Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,636 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 08:29 AM

Both Burris and Leupold have quite a few scopes in this category. The SKS type scope may work better.

#5 lilwes278

lilwes278

SATISFACTORY!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting, fishing, four wheeling, riding ATV's, camping, and the various ECV activities...

Posted 01 September 2008 - 08:34 AM

You could use a set of extra high see-through mounts. Guy I worked with last year had me put a set of those on his Speedmaster with a 40mm scope and it cleared. Leupold has a VX-I 2-7x28 for $200 and Bushnell makes the Elite 3200 2-7x32 for about $150... Or how about a red dot?
Oregon Hunter's Association memberE. Clampus Vitus Estanislao Chapter 58, Humbug Chapter 73, and Umpqua Joe Outpost 1859 memberIf you can't fix it with a hammer, then you've got an electrical problem.

#6 Fjold

Fjold

Traveling hitman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, hunting and fishing.

Posted 01 September 2008 - 10:05 AM

Look on Ebay etc. for a Leupold VX-I or II in 1-4X 28mm.
Frank
One rifle, one planet. Holland's 375
Posted Image

#7 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,058 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 01:56 PM

You could use a set of extra high see-through mounts. .....

Yuk. I hate those things. I like my scopes to stay as close to the rifle as possible. I got a PM from a member who has an old K-3 Weaver. If the price is right my dilema might be solved.

#8 lilwes278

lilwes278

SATISFACTORY!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting, fishing, four wheeling, riding ATV's, camping, and the various ECV activities...

Posted 01 September 2008 - 02:58 PM

Yuk. I hate those things. I like my scopes to stay as close to the rifle as possible. I got a PM from a member who has an old K-3 Weaver. If the price is right my dilema might be solved.

I've got an old short model Swarovski for ya' that should clear the rear sight. And the price is SOOOOO right... :good: ;) ;) :roflmao3[1]: Posted ImagePosted Image
Oregon Hunter's Association memberE. Clampus Vitus Estanislao Chapter 58, Humbug Chapter 73, and Umpqua Joe Outpost 1859 memberIf you can't fix it with a hammer, then you've got an electrical problem.

#9 Yodel Dog

Yodel Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,636 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 03:07 PM

...SOOOOO right... :good: ;) :roflmao3[1]: ;)

What a deal, and a Swarovski to boot!!!!!!!! ;) :signs1180lq: :signlol2iu:

#10 Fjold

Fjold

Traveling hitman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, hunting and fishing.

Posted 01 September 2008 - 06:32 PM

I've got an old short model Swarovski for ya' that should clear the rear sight. And the price is SOOOOO right... :good: ;) :roflmao3[1]: ;) Posted ImagePosted Image

You need the old lyman adjustable mounts for that, that model ski doesn't come with turrets. :signs1180lq:
Frank
One rifle, one planet. Holland's 375
Posted Image

#11 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,058 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 04:59 PM

Damn!! That is by far the most clear glass I've ever seen on a scope!!!!! ;) Rimrock came thru with an old straight tubed 3x weaver. Thanks again Rod!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users