• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,807 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 25 August 2008 - 04:21 PM

Hey folks, I bought a new light to try the other day at WalMart. The price was right, only $20 so thought I would give it a try. It is actually two lights in one. There is a small LED light that seems to work pretty well for spotting the eyes. Then, when you find some eyes, you can hit them with the halogen. I have not that the luck of having an animal come it with it yet, but have used it and it seems like it will do the job pretty well. The LED light is suppose to last 80 hours, yes, that is 80 hours. The halogen is suppose to last 10-12 minutes. But if you only need the halogen to lite the animal up, that should last quite awhile. It is rechargeable, and you get a wall charger and a cigarette litter charger with it it. So you could charge it between stands. Heck, for the money, use two. When one goes dead, plug it in and go with a second one. The rotate back and forth. So far I'm pleased, but like i said, haven't seen eyes with it yet, so remains to be seen. But thought I would point you in it's direction for your consideration.http://www.walmart.c...duct_id=8586470

#2 Old timer

Old timer

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts
  • Interests:Hunting (all types) fishing and reading all the posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 06:44 PM

Ok but is it legal in california? I thought 6 volts was the max... :roflmao3[1]:

#3 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,590 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 25 August 2008 - 06:45 PM

It's 9 volts actually and it appears it may be 12volts.

#4 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,807 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 25 August 2008 - 07:24 PM

It's 9 volts actually and it appears it may be 12volts.

Yea Bernie as John said, up here in the north we can use 9 volt. This one doesn't say anyplace what it is. My assumption is it a legal light. I have read all the paperwork that came with it and everything on the site and can't find out what it actually is.

#5 PredatorMaster

PredatorMaster

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 08:33 PM

Might have to get me one. Now is the Desert area I thought 12V is legal? If so run that thing off of a motorcycle battery they are small and light and last all night on a full charge.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users