• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 ehd

ehd

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,810 posts
  • Interests:Predator hunting ,and hog hunting with my dogs.

Posted 23 August 2008 - 08:25 PM

on my quest for the most perfect coyote round ,I really like these bullets. Getting top notch accuracy andgreat terminal preformance out of the 22-250 and.243. accuracy is match quality ,with the 243 shooting a 5 shot group that measures a .30 hole!!. 22-250 is about a quarter inch group both @ 100 yards. I guess you dont need a plastic tip for accuracy. I have shot quite a few coyotes with these rounds in the 22-250 with great results. They are pricy@ 30.00 per box for the 22-250.Posted Image

#2 Frank

Frank

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,759 posts
  • Interests:Coyote Hunting #1, Valley Quail 2nd. Former (Idaho) mule deer hunter

Posted 24 August 2008 - 09:54 AM

Yep good looking round, Eric, and getting Great accuracy... I've used / use hollow points off and on for decades and do like them. And in your case, I would REALLY like them too. LOL In fact, I will be testing some more factory (non-lead) Fed 43gr tnt, h.p's in my 223's next week for the buzzard zone. So we'll see! One of the primary reasons I like B.T's, is their slightly better ballistic advantage... aka trajectory... mostly for the longer distances of course. Also, Nosler's heavy base on the terminal effects is another reason for me.Anyway, glad to hear the great results... Frankp.s. all these 6mm storys are making it tough on me to keep out of the gun stores. LOL

#3 ehd

ehd

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,810 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 10:44 AM

Those 43 grain tnts grouped quite well out of my 250. look up those ballistics on those Remy rounds they have some good numbers. Down range lots of mojo.. Too bad they are lead for your southern zone. I try to keep up on the non lead stuff knowing its going to consume the whole state. The problem i see is its lack of energy. those 43 grain bullets really loose there poop at 200 yards. forget any further.!! does help poor shots such as myself. :wacko:

#4 novaman64

novaman64

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts
  • Interests:motorcycles, shooting, hunting, muscle cars, snow skiing, wakeboarding, barefooting, camping, horses, livestock

Posted 18 November 2008 - 10:47 AM

Im looking for a good coyote round too... I just picked up a box of Hornady 75 grain HP in 243, had it for $25, it was a tossup between that and the Remington ammo you have pictured above. Im gonna head out to the range and see how it shoots later this week, then try it out on some coyotes.... Any one ever tried the Hornady 75 gainrn HP? Opinions?

#5 Rimrock

Rimrock

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,212 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 11:30 AM

I have used Hornady 75 gr hollow points on coyotes. It makes them pretty dead. If you want to save the fur it is not the best choice.

#6 ehd

ehd

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,810 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 05:45 PM

I have tried the 75 grain ballistic tip ,but could not get the accuracy like the 80 grain bullets.

#7 novaman64

novaman64

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts
  • Interests:motorcycles, shooting, hunting, muscle cars, snow skiing, wakeboarding, barefooting, camping, horses, livestock

Posted 13 January 2009 - 10:28 AM

EHD, whats a good 243 round for yotes that wont obliterate their pelt?

#8 ehd

ehd

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,810 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 04:41 PM

The ones i showed above. They dont blow that big of hole out the backside.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users