12 replies to this topic

#1 Pogo

Pogo

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 863 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 04:22 PM

As much as I hate the place, I was in town today and went by Wally World. I was checking the ammo out for some of that Winchester white box stuff that everyone seems to like (which they had lots of, $23 for a box of 40 btw). A federal bulk box caught my eye.50 grn Federal JHP in a 200 round box for $74. I thought that was a heck of a good price, comes out to around $19 per 50 rounds. I sure hope it shoots well, I bought 8 boxes. Made the kid behind the counter give me a funny look. ;)Now if they had only had some more rifles in stock I could have made it a real expensive trip :signgreatreport3kg: . I was amazed, near every rifle they had was a magnum caliber... Can't believe that many people actually need a 300 Win Mag, must be the bigger is better syndrome.
"I grew up poor. It's the people who are born with money who jump out of windows."---Lee TrevinoDo NOT spread my wealth. Spread my work ethic.Four out of five politicians surveyed prefer unarmed, ignorant peasants.Many people imply, with bad jokes, that Cajuns are unintelligent; however, anyone that would build a city 10 feet below sea level in a Hurricane zone and fill it with Democrats is a genius.

#2 wannakillacoyote

wannakillacoyote

"You can call me WKC"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
  • Interests:Hunting....Predators, Varmints and Upland Game but would like to try larger game.
    Computers....It's what i do for a living and sometimes for fun.
    Movies
    Spending time with the Family

Posted 20 August 2008 - 05:01 PM

Wow! At least your Wal-mart carry's Rifles. Our stopped several years ago.Let us know how they shoot. Hopefully really well since you bought 1600 rounds. :signgreatreport3kg:
Posted ImageA well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

#3 Pogo

Pogo

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 863 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 07:05 AM

I hope it shoots well, but I'm not above stockpiling if it doesn't. I tell the wife it is in case the Russians attack ;)Oh, our walmart carries rifles, but since it is in Oregon, and I'm a CA resident, I'm SOL for buying one there. When I lived in NV I could go to OR, NV, ID, WY, etc and walk in and buy a rifle. But a CA drivers license makes it almost impossible unless you have a lot of time and a gun shop handy to buy something. What we also have is a Bi-Mart in the Northwest. That is usually the place to buy guns and ammo. They have very good prices on most everything in Sporting Goods, still the only place I can buy Hornady .17 hmr for under $10 a box. Still walmart can get a better deal sometimes, but it might not be what you want. They can usually match or beat Walmarts price on Remington and Savage rifles.
"I grew up poor. It's the people who are born with money who jump out of windows."---Lee TrevinoDo NOT spread my wealth. Spread my work ethic.Four out of five politicians surveyed prefer unarmed, ignorant peasants.Many people imply, with bad jokes, that Cajuns are unintelligent; however, anyone that would build a city 10 feet below sea level in a Hurricane zone and fill it with Democrats is a genius.

#4 wannakillacoyote

wannakillacoyote

"You can call me WKC"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
  • Interests:Hunting....Predators, Varmints and Upland Game but would like to try larger game.
    Computers....It's what i do for a living and sometimes for fun.
    Movies
    Spending time with the Family

Posted 23 August 2008 - 07:55 AM

Yeah, I have TONS of family in LaGrande Or. They have a Wal-mart with guns as well as a Bi-mart. It's kinda like a super small Costco with guns. :)I was there like 2 years ago and I stocked up on 10/22 ammo. :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow: Lot of good that did. With the Condor dog poop, I now have 10,000 rounds and nowhere to shoot it.
Posted ImageA well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

#5 Pogo

Pogo

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 863 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 10:47 AM

Don't worry, I will be more than happy to dispose of that highly dangerous lead ammo of yours...... at no cost even.....as a matter of fact, I will be happy to take any of that evil lead ammo from any CPC member, and dispose of it properly.... no charge.....he he. :)

#6 .22guy

.22guy

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 950 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 09:02 PM

Yeah, I have TONS of family in LaGrande Or. They have a Wal-mart with guns as well as a Bi-mart. It's kinda like a super small Costco with guns. :)I was there like 2 years ago and I stocked up on 10/22 ammo. :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow: Lot of good that did. With the Condor dog poop, I now have 10,000 rounds and nowhere to shoot it.

You can still plink with it right? I have so much .22 it's unbelievable. Luckily I bought it would you could get it for under 10 buck for 500 or 550. Aww, the good ole days.

#7 sertshark

sertshark

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 05:21 PM

I buy a lot of ammmo from walleyworld. It's pretty darn cheap, comparitively. The problem is the tweakers that love to shop there. When they see all the bullets, they leave me alone though.

#8 keale73

keale73

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 08:59 PM

:good: Come down to Merced's WalMart, the tweakers all work there! :roflmao3[1]:

#9 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,277 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 07:01 AM

The turlock walmart is not bad .Just don't go on a weekend it's like little mexico .

#10 Jason

Jason

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,183 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, camping, scuba diving, American Revolution living history, fishing, ham radio.

Posted 30 September 2008 - 10:51 AM

Our Walmart is the same. I hate going in there on Friday evenings or Saturdays.

#11 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,277 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 04:05 PM

Why is that Jason do you feel like your the only white guy ......... :crazy: :aggressive: :653:

#12 Old timer

Old timer

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts
  • Interests:Hunting (all types) fishing and reading all the posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 06:28 PM

never mind friday or saturday unless it is the first of the month thats when all the we :crazy: :crazy: :lol: lfair check arrive
Without hunters there wouldn't be much of an environment to protect!!Conservation of Wild Life Through the Taking of Predators by Sportsmen United we stand

#13 1shot_1kill

1shot_1kill

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 08:09 PM

:crazy: Come down to Merced's WalMart, the tweakers all work there! :crazy:

I call them "WAL MARTIANS" :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users