• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 A17Shooter

A17Shooter

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • Interests:Varmint Hunting, Rifles, Hunting Pistols, Long Range, Computers, Cameras

Posted 06 March 2006 - 10:12 PM

I'm sure you boys don't wanna hear about my procrastinating about the FFL address, the HSC and being out of town the weekend I could have picked up this little beauty so here's the pic.Posted ImageI plan to shoot it with the iron sights for a while. I used to do that pretty well. May have to use an aperature to get a good crisp sight picture. But, it'll be worth a try. Just read a magazine article where they chronographed the 17 HMR fired from a 6.5" single six and it was doing 1600 - 1700 fps. It does have plenty of trigger pull.Thanks to Jonathan for donating the pistol, to Steve for running the raffle and CPC, to all you other fellow for buying tickets.A17Shooter

Guns only have three enemies, Politicians, Ignorant Liberals and Rust.

"A pen in the hand of this president is far more dangerous than a gun in the hands of 200 million law-abiding citizens."

#2 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,684 posts
  • Interests:Hunting ,Fishing , Wife ,Son ,Cat,Dog , My koi , Trad Bows.

Posted 06 March 2006 - 10:49 PM

That looks like a fun toy :)
You can hop but you can't hide. Yahi Bowmen. Its not how far you can shoot but how close to the game you get when you shoot. Sights we don't need any sights. Why waist time reloading when I can be making arrows.

#3 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 04:32 PM

I watched from a distance during my trip to TX as Randy Watson ran down a bobcat with his 17 HMR pistol.

#4 A17Shooter

A17Shooter

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • Interests:Varmint Hunting, Rifles, Hunting Pistols, Long Range, Computers, Cameras

Posted 02 April 2006 - 10:10 AM

I finally got to shoot the little rascal. Got it sighted in and did a little practice. All the shooting was done off-hand at 25 yds. When I was doing my part it seemed to be shooting into 1.5" at 25. The grip is really small for an adult male, IMHO. This is my first Single Six so it will be interesting to take it out in the field to try a few squirrels. The recoil was fearsome and I had to cut the shooting session short before I started flinching. :lol: If I had been thinking, the shooting would've included some creedmore position for grouping. I guess an afternoon of sunshine distracted me. Of course, I didn't have my blast shield with me but, that is usually optional with a rimfire. A17Shooter

"A pen in the hand of this president is far more dangerous than a gun in the hands of 200 million law-abiding citizens."

#5 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,007 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 03 April 2006 - 10:08 AM

I still have my 60's era Single-Six in .22lr and .22mag. It's a great shooting gun though the grips are a bit small. But it isn't intended to be a target gun it's a field carry gun. They're fun to shoot.

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#6 A17Shooter

A17Shooter

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 11:33 PM

Have to admit that if you have an S&W K frame with the original grips, they are also very small. Guess that's why so many companies make after market grips. Who makes grips for the Single Six?A17Shooter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users