• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 lilwes278

lilwes278

SATISFACTORY!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting, fishing, four wheeling, riding ATV's, camping, and the various ECV activities...

Posted 19 August 2008 - 03:10 PM

Didn't take them long to figure out what it was... Set the feeder up at 5:00pm, had pics of deer eating under it within 2.5 hours. The big guy was a little apprehensive at first but eventually he came in and started eating. He's been missing in action for about a week so it's nice to see him back in my neighborhood.Posted ImageI also aimed my second camera at it and caught this cool looking pic taken while the other camera's flash is going off:Posted ImageThat feeder really slings the pellets so I repositioned it a few feet further down the fenceline today. Adjusted the cameras too so we'll see how the new layout works. I set the timer for a single feeding every day at 7:00am, hoping that it will start to draw the bucks out in the early daylight.
Oregon Hunter's Association memberE. Clampus Vitus Estanislao Chapter 58, Humbug Chapter 73, and Umpqua Joe Outpost 1859 memberIf you can't fix it with a hammer, then you've got an electrical problem.

#2 BUCKFEVER

BUCKFEVER

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 03:20 PM

:fireworks3: that looks like its gonna work out pretty good....i like the idea of the feeding at 7am to bring em out in the morning!!! good thinking :harhar1[1]:
TIM

#3 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Antique Tractors, Clampin', and Relaxing

Posted 19 August 2008 - 03:44 PM

Dang Wes, you aren't messin around!! Maybee to should set it to around 8:30 am so we have time to go to the Ye Olde Pancake House for a big fat breakfast before the morning hunt. :fireworks3:
My guns are mine, they aren't for sale, and I only give guns to people that I really like. So I guess the government is **** out of luck.

#4 PredatorMaster

PredatorMaster

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 03:49 PM

:fireworks3:

#5 lilwes278

lilwes278

SATISFACTORY!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting, fishing, four wheeling, riding ATV's, camping, and the various ECV activities...

Posted 19 August 2008 - 04:34 PM

Dang Wes, you aren't messin around!! Maybee to should set it to around 8:30 am so we have time to go to the Ye Olde Pancake House for a big fat breakfast before the morning hunt. :)

Of course I'm not messin' around...this isn't Kalifornia hunting, you know! :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow: And you can forget Ye Olde Pancake House, I found a bar that serves a kickass breakfast starting at 5:30am (yes, you CAN have a beer with your breakfast)! :653:
Oregon Hunter's Association memberE. Clampus Vitus Estanislao Chapter 58, Humbug Chapter 73, and Umpqua Joe Outpost 1859 memberIf you can't fix it with a hammer, then you've got an electrical problem.

#6 fakawee

fakawee

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts
  • Interests:4Wheeling, Hunting, Target Shooting, Fishing, Camping, Kayaking and Glassing the countryside.

Posted 19 August 2008 - 07:00 PM

I'm trying to remember where I read about feeders and lures. Here in Anti-fornia, I believe that you have to have feeders and lures out of your hunting areas within 2 weeks of the season opening? :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow:
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. Mark Twain

#7 lilwes278

lilwes278

SATISFACTORY!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 03:30 AM

I haven't searched through the actual Fish & Game codes regarding this specific topic but I did see that Moultrie's website shows any kind of supplemental feeding at any time of the year is illegal in Kalifornia.

#8 mac

mac

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,503 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 08:15 AM

Those are awesome pics Wes!...Glad you found a b'fast joint that serves beer at 5:30am!!! LMAO...
Mac Daddy"Lock, Stock and Two Smokin' Barrels"

#9 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,477 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 20 August 2008 - 09:24 AM

That's very cool Wes! :smiley_kewlpics: I couldn't find anything in the Oregon Fish and Wildlife rules and regulation that prevent you from having something like that. The only thing you can't bait are bears.Great pictures. :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow:

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#10 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,770 posts
  • Interests:Hunting ,Fishing , Wife ,Son ,Cat,Dog , My koi , Trad Bows.

Posted 20 August 2008 - 09:38 AM

Cheater :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow: That big one is looking nice.
You can hop but you can't hide. Yahi Bowmen. Its not how far you can shoot but how close to the game you get when you shoot. Sights we don't need any sights. Why waist time reloading when I can be making arrows.

#11 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Antique Tractors, Clampin', and Relaxing

Posted 20 August 2008 - 02:57 PM

Of course I'm not messin' around...this isn't Kalifornia hunting, you know! :signgreatreport3kg: And you can forget Ye Olde Pancake House, I found a bar that serves a kickass breakfast starting at 5:30am (yes, you CAN have a beer with your breakfast)! :653:

Mmmmm, bisquits & gravy, bacon & eggs, and a bloody mary to wash it (and a hangover) down. Sounds like a Clamper breakfast to me!
My guns are mine, they aren't for sale, and I only give guns to people that I really like. So I guess the government is **** out of luck.

#12 lilwes278

lilwes278

SATISFACTORY!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 02:58 PM

That's very cool Wes! B) I couldn't find anything in the Oregon Fish and Wildlife rules and regulation that prevent you from having something like that. The only thing you can't bait are bears.Great pictures. :653:

Yes, it's legal to bait deer. There's nothing banning feeders/baiting in the regulations, Moultrie's website states that it's legal, and I recently caught a hunting show on TV where a bowhunter took a nice blacktail buck over a pile of apples in western Oregon. I even double checked with the local Fish & Game office in Springfield so I guess you can say I did my homework. ;)

Cheater :good: That big one is looking nice.

It's legal therefore it's not cheating! :signgreatreport3kg:

Mmmmm, bisquits & gravy, bacon & eggs, and a bloody mary to wash it (and a hangover) down. Sounds like a Clamper breakfast to me!

I prefer the chicken fried steak & gravy, sausage, eggs, and hashbrowns washed down with a Widmere Hefeweizen. :653:

#13 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 04:33 PM

You're going to love that feeder with the solar panel setup. I've got a Moultrie setup on a 55 gallon barrel that has been running more than 5 years.Mostly mine is used in the winter to throw corn which helps keeps all the critters warm to make it through the cold months there in MO. As soon as the raccoons find it you'll start getting cool pictures of them fighting over the food.

#14 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 06:11 PM

You need a good ol' coon skin cap anyway Wes! :smiley_kewlpics:

#15 lilwes278

lilwes278

SATISFACTORY!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 10:06 AM

Looks like he shed his velvet:Posted Image

#16 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,272 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 02:19 PM

Are you going to put out your blind so the deer get use to seeing it? Try putting out a a trace mineral block they are the brown blocks any feed supply should carry them.

#17 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 02:30 PM

Are you going to put out your blind so the deer get use to seeing it?

He's already got it out. He's golden now. http://www.californi...?showtopic=9329

#18 lilwes278

lilwes278

SATISFACTORY!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 02:50 PM

He's already got it out. He's golden now. http://www.californi...?showtopic=9329

Thanks, but that's not my blind! :roflmao3[1]: I do have my blind out though, been set up for about 2 weeks already. Just need to make some minor adjustments with a shovel to the inside so my folding chair sits nice and level... I'll snap a pic of it next time I go check my cameras.

#19 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 02:53 PM

Ouch! I look like an azz. But hey, since it isn't my spot you're welcome to go hunt that one too.

#20 lilwes278

lilwes278

SATISFACTORY!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 02:57 PM

Ouch! I look like an azz. But hey, since it isn't my spot you're welcome to go hunt that one too.

Sweet! I'll tell them you sent me... :roflmao3[1]:

#21 airman

airman

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 04:39 PM

:roflmao3[1]: Looks like your good to go!!

#22 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,272 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 04:52 PM

so whens bows season in Oregon

#23 lilwes278

lilwes278

SATISFACTORY!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 06:04 PM

Tomorrow. :drinks:

#24 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 08:52 PM

Are you excited at all?

#25 lilwes278

lilwes278

SATISFACTORY!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 09:27 PM

Yes but not as much as I should be. I'm not going to be out hunting in the morning since I have to get my pickup serviced and do a few other things. Maybe I'll be out sunday or monday depending on the weather.

#26 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 06:25 PM

For those of you who don't have a feeder setup, get a bag of corn and set out a staight line of corn on the ground about 8 foot in front of the camera that is around 20' long. You'll get some great pictures.

#27 lilwes278

lilwes278

SATISFACTORY!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 06:50 PM

My deer have adapted quite nicely to the 7:00am feeding time!Posted Image

#28 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 06:54 PM

They sure know when it is feeding time! What are you feeding them?

#29 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,477 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 04 September 2008 - 07:06 PM

Looking good! :roflmao3[1]:

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#30 lilwes278

lilwes278

SATISFACTORY!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 07:06 PM

They sure know when it is feeding time! What are you feeding them?

I'm feeding them apple flavored "Record Rack Sportsman" pellets, it's what my local feed store carries. They sure seem to like it...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users