• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,683 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 18 August 2008 - 03:52 PM

AIRGUN HUNTINGTHECALIFORNIAGROUND SQUIRREL

Buy the DVD here

Well it's finally out and I just watched it for the first of many times to come. If you enjoy hunting ground squirrels as much as I do this is a must watch video. If you've ever even considered or thought about hunting with an air rifle you need to watch this DVD. The video is shot and produced by a friend who really knows his stuff about airguns and hunting with them. VarmintAir (Cliff) is a member of the forum and I'm sure you've watched some of his low resolution Quicktime clips here already. This is a fabulous DVD on shooting ground squirrels with adult air rifles. Over 70 minutes of squirrel popping video. Most shots are filmed in real time as well as slow motion so you can really see the hits. This is just awesome to watch on a BIG screen TV. It is very high quality video of someone doing something we'd all love to do and he tells you how to do it. There are short informational segments about the equipment used as well as many tips to pickup throughout the video. There is also a huge array of adult airguns shown throughout the video. All were used in the making of the video so you get some idea of how efficient these guns are at taking these animals. One of the best points shown is that these guns don't scare everything away while being fired like even rimfires do. Many times in the video you'll see multiple squirrels in the same shot and the bystanders don't even flinch while their companion bites the dust. I can't say enough good things about it. Get a copy and see for yourself.

Posted Image

Posted Image

You can check out the website and order your copies here: http://www.varmintair.com/

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#2 crazyhorse

crazyhorse

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Interests:Bass fishing,Kayaking,Airgun hunting

Posted 02 September 2008 - 09:21 AM

Just received my copy....very good production by Varmitair...he included the Discovery PCP .177....that was neat....!!!Terrain he hunts much different than my area ...we have chaparel brush/boulders mostly....lot's of squirrels though...!!

#3 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,683 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 09:24 AM

The video was done at Tejon Ranch. That Discovery put the smack down on those squirrels.

Time waits for no one--

#4 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,683 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 06:59 PM

Hi everyone, just wanted to bring this video and topic to the forefront one more time. What with California going non lead on ground squirrel in the condor zone. You should consider getting this video to see how air rifles like the New Discovery can be used to continue hunting at a more affordable price. Besides the other game you can take with one this video will really give you a much better idea of the fun you can have. Airguns aren't for kids anymore.

Time waits for no one--

#5 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,726 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 07 December 2008 - 09:46 AM

Time to bring this back to the top. I received the video a week or two ago, but it was just last night that I found the time to sit and enjoy it. Wow. What a great production. I'm not an air gun hunter. Yea, I do have a .177 springer, but it's not all that good and I have just never really hunted with it before. But this video really shows you the capability of an air gun. The quality of the production is really good too. Like like one of those things that is thrown together by an amateur, nope, this this is professional all the way though. The only complaint I have is that, while Cliff did show us a bit of his equipment, it was just a picture. I would very much like to see more detail on the various air guns used. Like, how to charge them with air; how to load them; how many rounds they hold; close up of them being fired; do you need to clean them and if so how it is done. In other words, I'm looking for a sequel. :harhar1[1]: Whether you have an air gun or not, if you enjoy any of the hunting shows out there, you are going to enjoy this video. It is well done, shows some different equipment than you may be use to using, is produced and published in a very high quality manner, and best of all, has LOTS of action. Get it, you won't regret it. :good:
[url="""]http://www.CallsbyBraz.com'>http://www.CallsbyBraz.com[/url]
Handmade Calls by Braz
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."--Mark Twain

#6 Droops

Droops

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Interests:Airguns

Posted 11 October 2009 - 06:31 PM

Just ordered a copy friday, hope it comes soon.I cant wait to watch it.
RWS Diana 34 in .177Beeman Gold Series 1000 in .177Crosman 1077

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users