5 replies to this topic

#1 zippy1970

zippy1970

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 08:58 PM

Went out on the overnight boat from San Pedro . I got 4 out of the 6 I hooked . The boat got over 100

Attached Files

#2 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,814 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 12 August 2008 - 08:59 PM

Wow, that is great. Good looking fish and very tasty. Lots of sushi in that one there!

#3 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,661 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 12 August 2008 - 09:01 PM

Yum! That's some good eating right there.Hey Zippy smile next time. :D

#4 zippy1970

zippy1970

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 04:34 PM

I'm told that all the time . usually by the time I get to taking pics my knees are too sore to stand , my back is stiff as a board and my left arm is numb. Makes it hard to smile . But I still have an awsome time . I have 6o +lbs of tuna in my fridge . Keeping the better loins , dividing up the rest . If anyone is kinda localish , you are more than welcome to some . I will be going out again in a week or so and a 2 1/2 day trip in sept , so I will be getting more .

#5 thebeast64ol

thebeast64ol

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  • Interests:I love to go out and hunt, hike, backpack, pretty much anything that is in the outdoors.

Posted 14 August 2008 - 06:59 PM

man where did you get out of? i just went out of seaforth landing and dont believe anything they say about fish count, we caught MAYBE 20 fish and there were 50 anglers on board. the fish count said 68 dorado, but there were like 6 or so. its pretty unfortunate but i had a great time other than not catching anything. im just mad that the bite slowed down SO much from the week before, because i know for a fact it was crazy last week cuz some of my buddies came back with 4+ fish.

#6 zippy1970

zippy1970

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 08:03 PM

I was on the Freedom out of 22nd st in san pedro .The day before report was 94 yft for 21 . I got on after they sold to all of the reservations. Making me #31. There was 32 paid on the trip . In the morning the sacks went to 40 . The remaining 8 was made up of the off duty crew , the cook , one of the boat owners and such. I dont like crowds . Was still a coin toss at 31 . But I went . 150.00 + 37 for jpot and permit . he metered a spot at 6am and we stayed on that spot , minus drifting , ALL day . A 6 hour stop . There were always 3 fish hooked up . I got 2 on 15# and 2 on 20# . lost 1 on 15 after 45 min at really deep color , and 1 on 20. missed a few hooksets . ! guy got 10 . Myself and 4 other guys in the bow all got 4 or 5 ea . lots of 3's . few 2's and even a few with 1 . Report said 6 dorado but I only saw 3 . They may have thrown them back , really small. but even with 40 + / --- fishing everyone knew what they were doing , kept their heads out of their a** and a on the ball crew that kicked butt ! for the money and the short drive it was the Sh*t ! Might be taking my gf on there soon if the bite picks up again .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users