• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Bronco

Bronco

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts
  • Interests:Hunting i.e. deer, varmints, yotes. Target Shooting, Trap Shooting.

Posted 09 August 2008 - 01:54 PM

Well the Dem's are planning to bring back the AWB if they have it their way. So if we like our fun black rifles we better make sure that Obama doesn't win this election. 2008 Democrat party platform includes support of AWB renewal --------------------------------------------------------------------------------For those who think the Democrats as party (as opposed to specific individual 'Blue Dog' members etc) are not antigun, I bring you the draft of 2008 Democrat party platform:http://www.workingli......m 080808.pdfFirearmsWe recognize that the right to bear arms is an important part of the American tradition, and we will preserve Americans’ continued Second Amendment right to own and use firearms. We believe that the right to own firearms is subject to reasonable regulation, but we know that what works in Chicago may not work in Cheyenne. We can work together to enact and enforce common-sense laws and improvements, like closing the gun show loophole, improving our background check system and reinstating the assault weapons ban, so that guns do not fall into the hands of terrorists or criminals. Acting responsibly and with respect for differing views on this issue, we can both protect the constitutionalright to bear arms and keep our communities and our children safe.__________________-----------------------Bill WieseSan Jose, CANo postings of mine here, unless otherwise specifically noted, areto be construed as formal or informal positions of the Calguns.Netownership, The Calguns Foundation, Inc. ("CGF"), the NRA, or myemployer. No posts of mine on Calguns are to be construed as legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer.
Posted ImagePosted ImageNRA Member

#2 .22guy

.22guy

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 09 August 2008 - 02:40 PM

No big surprise there. You'll notice that it's definitely not a big campaign issue. They know it's a vote-loser.

#3 elkguys

elkguys

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy all outdoors and hunting with my son.enjoy meeting fellow outdoors people as we travel

Posted 09 August 2008 - 07:41 PM

the DEM's will not be happy until all guns are gone,hunting will be there next hit list!!!
life member of NRA,RMEF,SCI and WU REPUBLICAN party

#4 lilwes278

lilwes278

SATISFACTORY!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting, fishing, four wheeling, riding ATV's, camping, and the various ECV activities...

Posted 09 August 2008 - 08:14 PM

...reinstating the assault weapons ban, so that guns do not fall into the hands of terrorists or criminals.

Oh yeah, because the assault weapons ban worked SO WELL to keep guns away from CRIMINALS... :flag: And terrorists??? What a great idea, let's ban weapons INSIDE the United States, so that the terrorists in OTHER COUNTRIES can't get them! Yeah, that'll work!!! :doh[1]:

Acting responsibly and with respect for differing views on this issue, we can both protect the constitutional right to bear arms and keep our communities and our children safe.

Translation = We'll tell you that we "respect" your opinion as we're stripping you of your guns.In the words of Ron White... I don't think so, Scooter. :popcorn:
Oregon Hunter's Association memberE. Clampus Vitus Estanislao Chapter 58, Humbug Chapter 73, and Umpqua Joe Outpost 1859 memberIf you can't fix it with a hammer, then you've got an electrical problem.

#5 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 09 August 2008 - 09:12 PM

They ALWAYS want to ban the rifles that accept the big mags.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users