• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 wannakillacoyote

wannakillacoyote

"You can call me WKC"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
  • Interests:Hunting....Predators, Varmints and Upland Game but would like to try larger game.
    Computers....It's what i do for a living and sometimes for fun.
    Movies
    Spending time with the Family

Posted 07 August 2008 - 05:33 PM

I ordered a Minaska M1 today. I have been trying to decide between the Foxpro and Minaska. It came down to small size and cost. Hopefully it will be here next week and I can try it out next weekend!!

#2 PredatorMaster

PredatorMaster

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 06:07 PM

Good Luck get it bloody. Bring the Camera.

#3 Racink6

Racink6

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 10:42 AM

Your gonna love it. I got mine in a coulpe of weeks ago, its a blast to use.

#4 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 04:55 PM

Has it arrived yet?

#5 wannakillacoyote

wannakillacoyote

"You can call me WKC"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
  • Interests:Hunting....Predators, Varmints and Upland Game but would like to try larger game.
    Movies

Posted 13 August 2008 - 06:45 PM

Nope! You guys that ordered them before me, how long did it take to receive?

#6 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 08:16 PM

They didnt send you a tracking ##?

#7 wannakillacoyote

wannakillacoyote

"You can call me WKC"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
    Movies

Posted 14 August 2008 - 08:27 PM

They didnt send you a tracking ##?

Weird huh! I actually talked to them Monday morning (I ordered last Thursday online). They said it hadn't gone out yet (which was a good thing cause I messed up my order). You would think I would have it by now though or at least some tracking info.

#8 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 08:32 PM

Better call 'em back!

#9 camopaint

camopaint

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 10:23 PM

Hows that Minaska workin out?

#10 wannakillacoyote

wannakillacoyote

"You can call me WKC"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
    Movies

Posted 25 August 2008 - 06:54 AM

Still haven't received it!! :653: :welcomeani: I tried calling them Friday, but I called too late. I tried calling this morning but there lines are busy. I'll try again in a couple hours.

#11 tawnoper

tawnoper

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 07:36 AM

They are a nice little caller, I'm sure you'll be happy with your's. I'll pass on a little tip that I got when I got mine...buy the AA battery holder for a spare, it costs about 10 bucks. The M1 comes with an L shaped rechargeable closed cell battery that last's quite awhile on a charge but I've had my battery die on a hunt, especially when it's cold outside and I'm running the TOA with it. I keep a fresh supply of AA batteries with me, so if my caller starts cutting out on high volume I'll swap out the battery holder (takes about 30 sec) and I'm back in business till I can recharge the sealed battery.

#12 PredatorMaster

PredatorMaster

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 08:03 AM

How much do they run?

#13 camopaint

camopaint

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 08:04 AM

Did you order directly from Minaska or through a vendor? Hopefully, this is no indication of the customer service you will receive if you ever have problems with your caller. Good luck.

#14 PredatorMaster

PredatorMaster

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 08:04 AM

Still haven't received it!! :1019: :welcomeani: I tried calling them Friday, but I called too late. I tried calling this morning but there lines are busy. I'll try again in a couple hours.

:653: :653: :popcorn:

#15 wannakillacoyote

wannakillacoyote

"You can call me WKC"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
    Movies

Posted 25 August 2008 - 08:45 AM

Thanks for the tip tawnoper. Do you know if there is anyway to use a larger external battery?Predatormaster.......Right now they are clearing out there 1st generation M1's for $350. It's a good deal cause it comes with 100 sounds and unlimited sound downloading from there database. Also has the rechargeable batteries.Camopaint......I ordered directly from Minaska Outdoors Website on the 7th. Talked with them on the 11th to change something on my order. They said it would go out in a couple days. Caled them back on the 18th. They said "sorry we were waiting on chargers to come in, but that it was going out that day". Talked to them Today and Brad said his guys screwed up and should have sent it out last week, but that it would definitely go out today.NOT the way to start things. So far there customer service SUCKS! I'll update the status Tomorrow.

#16 camopaint

camopaint

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 09:08 AM

Damn, that sucks. Well, hopefully itll go out like promised. I had the "lifetime" access to the sound library when I bought my M1, after a few months I couldnt get in anymore due to "changes in the website". I had all the sounds I needed so it wasnt a big deal anyways. Im not a huge Minaska guy but having owned one for awhile I can see where some folks would enjoy them, hopefully, you will be pleased with yours.

#17 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 09:11 AM

So you were trying to download Minaska sounds after you no longer owned one?

#18 PredatorMaster

PredatorMaster

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 09:14 AM

http://www.king-cart...ct_name=MinaskaThe one I am looking at for 350 only comes with 30 sounds but hold 100 is that the same one?

#19 wannakillacoyote

wannakillacoyote

"You can call me WKC"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
    Movies

Posted 25 August 2008 - 09:17 AM

Damn, that sucks. Well, hopefully itll go out like promised. I had the "lifetime" access to the sound library when I bought my M1, after a few months I couldnt get in anymore due to "changes in the website". I had all the sounds I needed so it wasnt a big deal anyways. Im not a huge Minaska guy but having owned one for awhile I can see where some folks would enjoy them, hopefully, you will be pleased with yours.

Just curious how that works. Can you just go and download all the sounds? I ASSuME that's how it works. I plan to download all the sounds and keep them on DVD for Backup. Just in case they decide to "change the website" or some other thing. I suspect i will just use 3-5 sounds on a regular basis, but why not have all of them if they are available.

#20 wannakillacoyote

wannakillacoyote

"You can call me WKC"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
    Movies

Posted 25 August 2008 - 09:19 AM

http://www.king-cart...ct_name=MinaskaThe one I am looking at for 350 only comes with 30 sounds but hold 100 is that the same one?

Nope, you have to order directly from minaska. This is the one I ordered:http://www.minaskaou...;products_id=33

#21 PredatorMaster

PredatorMaster

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 09:21 AM

Thanks could not find it on there site.

#22 PredatorMaster

PredatorMaster

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 09:22 AM

Hey George since you don't use yours anymore I will give you $5 for yours. :welcomeani:

#23 camopaint

camopaint

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 09:35 AM

So you were trying to download Minaska sounds after you no longer owned one?

Nope. I didnt sell mine until after I was shut out of the library. Thats not the reason I sold it though. Like I said, theyre good for some folks, not for all.

#24 tawnoper

tawnoper

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 09:51 AM

Thanks for the tip tawnoper. Do you know if there is anyway to use a larger external battery?

I'd imagine you could but it kinda defeats the purpose of the small, lightweight M1. If you bought the first generation M1 I'm not sure if you got the sealed battery or not...the newer ones use a different board.Just a little prop on Minaskas customer service: I had an issue with my M1 when I first got it so I sent it back to them for repairs. They turned it around very quickly... When I received it I went on a hunt and fifteen minutes into the hunt my caller crapped out again...to say I was pissed would be an understatement. I called them back and unfortunately, gave Brad an earful even though he had nothing to do with it. I told him I was leaving on a 3 day hunt the following weekend and needed a FUNCTIONING caller by then...please make sure it's right this time. They said my caller probably wouldn't be done in time so instead they priority mailed me out a loaner to use on my hunt, which I did. A week later I received my caller back and haven't had an issue with it since. It seems they discovered they had a bad batch of boards that were installed in some of the first "new" generation M1's "which I had". I haven't had any more problems with my caller since.

#25 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 10:20 AM

No idea why you had problems downloading Minaska sounds, I have never heard of anyone else but you having those problems. Wanna, for the hunts I've read about you doing I don't think you'd ever need an external battery. It takes a LOT of calling to deplete those batteries over a couple of days.

#26 wannakillacoyote

wannakillacoyote

"You can call me WKC"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
    Movies

Posted 25 August 2008 - 12:21 PM

I'm not thinking of the external battery as an everyday use thing. Mostly a backup, or if I get a chance to go to some wide-open areas, I was hoping to use my external speaker from Radioshack and increase my volume. With an external battery pack, it would be LOUD and last a LONG time. I imagine on my typical hunts all I will need is the M1.I don't know if you got a chance to see dabob's setup, but he has a setup similar to what I am describing but he is using a foxpro, foxpro external speaker and a large external battery (closed cell I think?).

#27 PredatorMaster

PredatorMaster

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 12:43 PM

Just ordered mine 30 bucks to ship it :WTF_1:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users