• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 lilwes278

lilwes278

SATISFACTORY!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting, fishing, four wheeling, riding ATV's, camping, and the various ECV activities...

Posted 01 August 2008 - 10:05 PM

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Oregon Hunter's Association memberE. Clampus Vitus Estanislao Chapter 58, Humbug Chapter 73, and Umpqua Joe Outpost 1859 memberIf you can't fix it with a hammer, then you've got an electrical problem.

#2 DEERSLAM

DEERSLAM

Hunting 365 days a year...in my mind

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,524 posts
  • Interests:Family and hunting

Posted 01 August 2008 - 10:13 PM

Wow Wes you've got some nice lookin bucks there!
MIKETEAM .204"Had God not intended for humans to hunt, he would not have made animals out of meat."

#3 lilwes278

lilwes278

SATISFACTORY!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting, fishing, four wheeling, riding ATV's, camping, and the various ECV activities...

Posted 01 August 2008 - 10:18 PM

Thank you, I was sure there were some nice ones lurking around but now I have an idea of when & where they are. I should have bought some of these cams last year! Amazing that all of these photos are what I've captured just in the last 6 days... :signs430gh:
Oregon Hunter's Association memberE. Clampus Vitus Estanislao Chapter 58, Humbug Chapter 73, and Umpqua Joe Outpost 1859 memberIf you can't fix it with a hammer, then you've got an electrical problem.

#4 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,773 posts
  • Interests:Hunting ,Fishing , Wife ,Son ,Cat,Dog , My koi , Trad Bows.

Posted 01 August 2008 - 10:39 PM

You got a nice buck hanging around there :signs430gh:
You can hop but you can't hide. Yahi Bowmen. Its not how far you can shoot but how close to the game you get when you shoot. Sights we don't need any sights. Why waist time reloading when I can be making arrows.

#5 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,277 posts

Posted 02 August 2008 - 11:35 AM

The one by the fence is nice all you need is a tree stand you got it made.

#6 CoyoteHuntress

CoyoteHuntress

Royal Oaks Taxidermy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts
  • Interests:Im a full time taxidermist and I LOVE Hunting- coyotes, bobcat, bear, boar, elk, deer etc..

Posted 02 August 2008 - 12:31 PM

VERY nice!! some good growth and that one....
Royal Oaks TaxidermyAward Winning Taxidermist...When Quality Counts! DEER CAPES WANTED

#7 elkguys

elkguys

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy all outdoors and hunting with my son.enjoy meeting fellow outdoors people as we travel

Posted 02 August 2008 - 01:34 PM

some very nice deer!! what brand of cam do you have? :653:
life member of NRA,RMEF,SCI and WU REPUBLICAN party

#8 lilwes278

lilwes278

SATISFACTORY!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts

Posted 02 August 2008 - 02:39 PM

Thanks everybody, can't wait for the season to open...

The one by the fence is nice all you need is a tree stand you got it made.

No tree stand, I'll be using my Double Bull Matrix 360 blind.

some very nice deer!! what brand of cam do you have? :653:

Both cams are Moultrie Game Watcher 4.0's.

#9 lilwes278

lilwes278

SATISFACTORY!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts

Posted 02 August 2008 - 07:22 PM

Looks like I got some better pics last night. It appears there's 4 different big bucks... One is a 4x5, one is a solid 3x3, one is a very tall 3x3 with a broken tine, and the other one is a small 4x4 (plus the little spikes & a forkie...). :653: I repositioned one of the cameras today so hopefully it will give me a better shot of the antlers. Enjoy!Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#10 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,481 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 02 August 2008 - 07:35 PM

Those are some awesome pics. I bet you can't wait for the season to open now. :653:

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#11 DEERSLAM

DEERSLAM

Hunting 365 days a year...in my mind

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,524 posts
  • Interests:Family and hunting

Posted 02 August 2008 - 10:06 PM

Some more nice bucks!
MIKETEAM .204"Had God not intended for humans to hunt, he would not have made animals out of meat."

#12 lilwes278

lilwes278

SATISFACTORY!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 02:58 PM

Moved the cam a little closer = better pics!Posted ImagePosted Image

#13 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,277 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 10:23 PM

I just bought a game camera to Now I realized I need a usb cable .

#14 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,773 posts
  • Interests:Hunting ,Fishing , Wife ,Son ,Cat,Dog , My koi , Trad Bows.

Posted 05 August 2008 - 08:20 AM

NICE DEER ! so how do we get to your place :rolleyes: .
You can hop but you can't hide. Yahi Bowmen. Its not how far you can shoot but how close to the game you get when you shoot. Sights we don't need any sights. Why waist time reloading when I can be making arrows.

#15 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,481 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 05 August 2008 - 08:34 AM

Shoot-it you can watch the pictures on your TV without the USB cable. There is a cable for the TV in the box. Oh and it states you need to purchase the USB cable too. :rolleyes: Check the cables that go to any devices you run off of your computer. Check any printers, scanners or other devices connected to your computer for a USB cord that will work until you buy a new one. I had one from an old flatbed scanner I used. I had an old SD card reader too that I use to load maps to my GPS units as well. You might have one if you have a camera that uses SD memory cards.

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#16 SpokaneSlayer

SpokaneSlayer

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, camping

Posted 05 August 2008 - 01:32 PM

We have 2 SD cards so we just swap between them when we check our cam.

#17 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,798 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 05 August 2008 - 03:48 PM

That's the same as me. I bought two 1gig cards, and just swap the cards out. Then put the card in the reader and don't have to worry about the USB cable.
[url="""]http://www.CallsbyBraz.com'>http://www.CallsbyBraz.com[/url]
Handmade Calls by Braz
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."--Mark Twain

#18 lilwes278

lilwes278

SATISFACTORY!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 06:40 PM

Same here, I use four 2gig cards between the two cameras and just swap them out (2gig is a little overkill though because even on the highest quality setting it can hold over 900 pictures). Then I bought a memory card to USB port adapter for about $8 courtesy of Wallyworld. It's VERY simple to use...And Thumper, I'm not telling!!! :)

#19 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,277 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 08:03 PM

I found the tv wire last night thanks or the tip. I will look around for a usd maybe my printer will have one. Have you guys tried using the video on the game camera will it work at night.

#20 lilwes278

lilwes278

SATISFACTORY!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 09:17 PM

It says it will only work in the day because there is not enough light to film at night. I haven't tried it yet but I am going to check my cams tomorrow, maybe I'll set one up for video just to see how it turns out.

#21 ehd

ehd

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,833 posts
  • Interests:Predator hunting ,and hog hunting with my dogs.

Posted 06 August 2008 - 05:15 AM

very good photos there. Nice bucks...

#22 lilwes278

lilwes278

SATISFACTORY!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 10:51 AM

Thanks, I switched out my cards this morning and got some more pics.The usual 3x3 (he's on film every single night):Posted ImagePosted ImageThe 4x4 giving me the wrong end to look at!Posted ImageAnd the little exhibitionist doe... :DPosted Image

#23 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,277 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 10:47 PM

Wess get yourself a dead calf and leave it out there and see what comes in.

#24 lilwes278

lilwes278

SATISFACTORY!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 10:54 PM

Why would I want to do that? Only thing it would attract would be predators or buzzards. Predators would scare off the deer and I hate buzzards (toxic waste with feathers, IMO). I'm actually kind of surprised that I haven't seen anything other than deer on my cameras though. Figured I would have seen a fox, a raccoon, or something...

#25 lilwes278

lilwes278

SATISFACTORY!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 01:22 PM

Couple of spikes:Posted ImageAnd here's the video that Shoot-it was wondering about. I set my blind up yesterday and moved this cam over next to it. What you see from this cam is what I see out of my blind...Posted Image

#26 airman

airman

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 03:06 PM

Wow that thing shoots good video

#27 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,798 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 07 August 2008 - 07:14 PM

I'm going to have to give that a try with mine. Nice work Wes.
[url="""]http://www.CallsbyBraz.com'>http://www.CallsbyBraz.com[/url]
Handmade Calls by Braz
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."--Mark Twain

#28 mac

mac

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,503 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 10:54 AM

that big buck seems to be about 5-6yrs old...roman nose, chest is wide and fat belly! I say TAKE THAT ONE!!!
Mac Daddy"Lock, Stock and Two Smokin' Barrels"

#29 lilwes278

lilwes278

SATISFACTORY!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 08:00 PM

:) There's more than one "big buck"... which one are you talking about? :censored[1]:

#30 lilwes278

lilwes278

SATISFACTORY!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 07:22 AM

Here's one to :D over!Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users