2 replies to this topic

#1 sendin

sendin

Squirrel Shooter

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 07:16 AM

Just got a Mueller 4-16 x 50 illuminated mil dot and was going to put it on my 7mm Mag which has a so-so scope on it now. I thought I might be able to use it on a pig hunt, but it looks like I will not be using it for that in the near future. I have a new to me, used, Savage Mod 40 22 Hornet that has a 6-24 x 42 Tasco Mil Dot on it now and that is okay, but now I am thinking that I might like (and use) the Mueller on the Savage. I am on a coyote quest thee days. I have not checked out the ring situation thoroughly on either rifle yet.I did some reading last night about the 7mm Mag being used as a varmint gun. I used to reload for that rifle and came up with a good load for pig quite a few years ago. There are a couple of adjacent properties where a reach out rifle like the 7mm Mag could be used. Around my place the Savage would be the choice.So I am in a quandry now and I think the best solution would just be to get another Mueller and be very happy, but funding won't allow that now. I could put the Tasco on a 30-06 I have that needs a scope and be done with it.Anyway I am kicking this around and haven't settled on a good plan and I know ultimately it is just a matter of personal preference, but wanted to see if I was not taking something into consideration while I am deciding.Any suggestions?Thanks - Denny from Sebastopol, CA
Molon labe!

#2 A17Shooter

A17Shooter

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,784 posts
  • Interests:Varmint Hunting, Rifles, Hunting Pistols, Long Range, Computers, Cameras

Posted 01 August 2008 - 07:29 AM

Denny, put the scope on the hornet. The 4X low end will work better if you get close shots. And, close shots is what we hope for when calling.JMHO

Guns only have three enemies, Politicians, Ignorant Liberals and Rust.

"A pen in the hand of this president is far more dangerous than a gun in the hands of 200 million law-abiding citizens."

#3 ehd

ehd

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,833 posts
  • Interests:Predator hunting ,and hog hunting with my dogs.

Posted 01 August 2008 - 06:47 PM

ditto that . i always start low for the screamers..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users