8 replies to this topic

#1 DJGrisham

DJGrisham

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 03:45 PM

I have heard that there is something that attaches to your magazine (i guess) with an easy flip up tool to drop the magazine quickly instead of fumbling for a tool when using the bullet button. Has anyone heard of a product like this? Would it be legal in California to have a tool like this mounted to the lower receiver instead of the magazine? Dennis
P.E.T.A. "People Eating Tasty Animals"

#2 wannakillacoyote

wannakillacoyote

"You can call me WKC"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
  • Interests:Hunting....Predators, Varmints and Upland Game but would like to try larger game.
    Computers....It's what i do for a living and sometimes for fun.
    Movies
    Spending time with the Family

Posted 31 July 2008 - 04:26 PM

I don't think you can use anything attached to the magazine or AR. That would then become part of the firearm and not a tool. Unless you are going Rambo, a simple push with the end of a bullet works fine for me.
Posted ImageA well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

#3 StoneTower

StoneTower

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 462 posts
  • Interests:Pulling the trigger and setting the hook!!!

Posted 02 August 2008 - 12:24 PM

I have heard that there is something that attaches to your magazine (i guess) with an easy flip up tool to drop the magazine quickly instead of fumbling for a tool when using the bullet button. Has anyone heard of a product like this? Would it be legal in California to have a tool like this mounted to the lower receiver instead of the magazine? Dennis

There is a new funnel device that fits over the BB that directs the tip of the tool into the hole more easily. I saw it over a calguns.net.David

#4 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 08:34 PM

Have a link?

#5 grunt

grunt

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 12:03 PM

I use these when I want to quickly change mags......Rambo style.Bullet button tool.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" Edmund Burke

#6 StoneTower

StoneTower

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 462 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 08:34 PM

Have a link?

If you mean about the bullet button funnel then yes:http://www.tenpercen...products_id=381

#7 Portagee_Shooter

Portagee_Shooter

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 779 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 07:31 AM

Looks like that would allow detachment without using a tool. If so I wouldn't be caught with it on my AR.
Q: "What do you hunt with that?" A: "Name it"-Rambo

#8 grunt

grunt

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 10:45 AM

You still need a tool to detach with the funnel. Seems rather pointless to me.......unless your blind.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" Edmund Burke

#9 StoneTower

StoneTower

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 462 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 09:16 PM

You still need a tool to detach with the funnel. Seems rather pointless to me.......unless your blind.

Some of the people that shoot in matches use them. If quick mag changes are important, it might save you a fraction of a second. It might also save you a scratch in your lower. I really appreciate the people who come up with these creative solutions for California gun laws.David

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users