6 replies to this topic

#1 PredatorMaster

PredatorMaster

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 03:44 PM

Well I had a old buffalo horn lying around and a deer antler both found while hunting Camp Pendleton. They were not in the greatest of condition but Braz did his magic and make some nice calls. He sent me pics of them yesterday they went out in the mail today should have them before my hunt this Friday Night. Yep the SoCal boys are headed for the desert again to put some fur on the ground. The buffalo horn is a howler.

Attached Files

#2 PredatorMaster

PredatorMaster

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 03:46 PM

Deer Antler

Attached Files

#3 PredatorMaster

PredatorMaster

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 03:48 PM

Fork

Attached Files

#4 CoyoteHuntress

CoyoteHuntress

Royal Oaks Taxidermy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts
  • Interests:Im a full time taxidermist and I LOVE Hunting- coyotes, bobcat, bear, boar, elk, deer etc..

Posted 28 July 2008 - 04:13 PM

Very very nice!
Royal Oaks TaxidermyAward Winning Taxidermist...When Quality Counts! DEER CAPES WANTED

#5 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,798 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 28 July 2008 - 05:59 PM

Actually, those calls are going to be looking a lot better when you see them because I told you I hadn't finished them when I took those pictures. They have now been buffed and waxed and they look a whole lot better. I forgot to take anymore pictures, so you will have to do that. That Buffalo horn was nasty! It still is to some degree. :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow: It has cracks in it, scales on it, and it just will never be a smooth feeling horn. But that sure didn't affect the sound. Just wait till you hear it. Sounds great!That old antler was nasty also, with just lots of black dog poop on it. Got most of it off and then perfomed a bit of magic and it looks more like an antler should look like again. Hope you like them. The fork has one jack voice and one cottontail voice. You should like it. I didn't put a hole in the fork for a lanyard, but decided to leave it and if you want it, just drill a small hole, large enough to fit your lanyard through, and you're good to go.
[url="""]http://www.CallsbyBraz.com'>http://www.CallsbyBraz.com[/url]
Handmade Calls by Braz
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."--Mark Twain

#6 PredatorMaster

PredatorMaster

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 07:36 PM

Thanks Braz for the great work I will post a pic of them when I get them. Got some stuff for you today and will send it this week.

#7 huntnsurf

huntnsurf

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, surfing,fishing,sports,target shooting,reloading,camping

Posted 28 July 2008 - 08:46 PM

Nice Scott can't wait to hear the sound.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users