• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ehd

ehd

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,834 posts
  • Interests:Predator hunting ,and hog hunting with my dogs.

Posted 26 July 2008 - 04:23 PM

Anybody shoot the remington 55 grain hollowpoints. I think they call them power shok. I bought some to try. they are very accurate for me. Ballistics wise they have alot of energy and remington brags on their long-range accuracy. I have not killed a coyote with them, but am going to give them a try because they are so accurate. Pricy @ 29.00 a box!

#2 Frank

Frank

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,759 posts
  • Interests:Coyote Hunting #1, Valley Quail 2nd. Former (Idaho) mule deer hunter

Posted 26 July 2008 - 05:16 PM

Not sure what Brand bullet Remington is using (their own, or?). However, a few yrs back I was shooting 55gr h.p's in my mini 14. They were PMC factory ammo & believe the bullet they used were Sierra's. Anyway, the lone coyote I slayed with it darn near blew a BIG portion of his back end off. A friend & I were shocked at the amount of damage from a 223. That was an exception I'm sure, but what a job it did on that particular dog.Today, I am using Black Hills 50gr V-max in my mini, as that is what the custom Douglas barrel I put on it likes best. I really outa shoot that thing more...Anyway, Eric, I would think the Rem 55gr h.p's would work fine. Look forward to hearing your results Frank

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users