5 replies to this topic

#1 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 01:23 PM

I recently took the advice of ShooterJohn and decided to give some Imperial Sizing Die Wax a try as my lube during reloading. It came in the mail on Monday and I have to admit that I really like it and now have a replacement for the RCBS spray that I had been using until recently. Why do I like it? Several reasons. First off, unlike the spray, you don't get any over spray accidently o the case necks while applying it. You lightly swipe your across the wax and then apply it directly to the case exactly where you want it. It then wipes off easily after the case has been sized, or you can just toss it in the tumbler and let your media take care of it! It also appears that a small 2 oz can is going to last me quite some time. I have sized about 150 cases in 223 since I received my Imperial Sizing Die Wax and haven't even made a dent in the wax yet. No idea how many it will do, but I get the feeling it is going to be substantially more than what I was able to do with a bottle of the RCBS that I have been using. If you search on the web with you're favorite search engines you'll be able to find it in different sizes in a price range for $5 - $9 plus shipping. This is comparable to what I was paying for the spray bottle of the RCBS lube that I've been using up til now. Posted Image

#2 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,356 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 01 March 2006 - 02:21 PM

Told you it was good stuff! :P I'm about five for five on what's best to use for reloading. I know I'm a reloading GOD! :lol:Heath, I opened a new can of Imperial Sizing Wax before my last big run of .223 reloads. The dent I put in the can isn't a 1/3 of the way down and that was over 4500 cases. The only reason I opened a new can was I set my old one out in the sun to melt down and fill up the can more evenly. Unfortunately when it got soft enough to melt down I knocked the can over on the ground. :( I wouldn't use anything else. B)

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#3 coolvarmint

coolvarmint

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts
  • Interests:Killing Varmints

Posted 01 March 2006 - 02:32 PM

I know Im being lazy since it has already been posted, but is it applied with your fingers to the neck and/or body depending on what your sizing?? Thanks guys ScottI know Im being lazy as it has been posted already, but is the wax applied by your fingers to the body/neck depending what your sizing?? Doesnt that take alot of time compared to spraying?? I know it easier to clean off. Im just getting my ultrasonic cleaner up and running so Im curious. I know John loads rounds by the thousands and yes you are a reloading GOD :( Thanks Scott

#4 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,356 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 02:50 PM

I know Im being lazy since it has already been posted, but is it applied with your fingers to the neck and/or body depending on what your sizing?? Thanks guys ScottI know Im being lazy as it has been posted already, but is the wax applied by your fingers to the body/neck depending what your sizing?? Doesnt that take alot of time compared to spraying?? I know it easier to clean off. Im just getting my ultrasonic cleaner up and running so Im curious. I know John loads rounds by the thousands and yes you are a reloading GOD B) Thanks Scott

You just swipe a finger across the lube and as you're reaching for the case rub your fingers together. You can do 6 to 9 .223 cases before you have to swipe the lube again. No extra time is needed as you have to pick up the case to size it anyway. The ultrasonic thing is messy and you have to dry the cases inside and out, which can be time consuming because the water stays by capillary action to the primer hole inside the case.And yes you're being lazy! :P :(

Time waits for no one--

#5 coolvarmint

coolvarmint

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts
  • Interests:Killing Varmints

Posted 01 March 2006 - 02:58 PM

And yes you're being lazy!

Thanks John

#6 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,356 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 03:16 PM

And yes you're being lazy! :P :(

Hey whenever I can point this out I'd be happy to! B) Just kidding, you're welcome. :P

Time waits for no one--

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users