Photo

Prairie Dogs and Beach Front Properties. (video)

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 VarmintAir

VarmintAir

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 02:34 PM

The owner of the ranch that I shot prairie dogs on last week asked me to thin out the number of dogs around one of his stock ponds. I spent a couple hours and eliminated over 60 of the pests, including a half dozen with beach front condos like this one.http://imageevent.co...=...amp;s=0&z=2
VarmintAir WebsiteAirgun Hunting the California Ground SquirrelVarmintAir's Airgun Hunting BlogDevoted to the sport of responsible varmint and small game hunting with Modern Adult Airguns

#2 THE KNOT

THE KNOT

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 04:07 PM

That was sweet you are a good shot my man they just drop like a stone

#3 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 04:59 PM

Nice going! Did he flop down into the water?

#4 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,792 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 24 July 2008 - 05:54 PM

And another GREAT video. Very nice.
[url="""]http://www.CallsbyBraz.com'>http://www.CallsbyBraz.com[/url]
Handmade Calls by Braz
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."--Mark Twain

#5 VarmintAir

VarmintAir

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 06:28 PM

That was sweet you are a good shot my man they just drop like a stone

Thanks, I love the sound of a pellet smacking into a rodent skull.
VarmintAir WebsiteAirgun Hunting the California Ground SquirrelVarmintAir's Airgun Hunting BlogDevoted to the sport of responsible varmint and small game hunting with Modern Adult Airguns

#6 VarmintAir

VarmintAir

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 06:30 PM

Nice going! Did he flop down into the water?

No, he just went straight down the hole in the middle of the mound. The lens compresses the scene and makes it look like he is closer to the water than he actually was. He was probably 15 yards from the edge of the pond.

#7 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 06:34 PM

Put a big hook in one of them suckers and use it as catfish bait!

#8 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,384 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 25 July 2008 - 07:25 AM

That picture must be deceiving as they look so close to the water their holes would fill up. I bet they felt safe there as they only had to look over half of their property. But they weren't looking very well when you shot them. :signbummer8tl:

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#9 VarmintAir

VarmintAir

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 08:41 AM

That picture must be deceiving as they look so close to the water their holes would fill up. I bet they felt safe there as they only had to look over half of their property. But they weren't looking very well when you shot them. :signbummer8tl:

You can't really tell that well in the video, but there is a pretty steep slope down to the waters edge, and the lens compressed the scene to where it looks like he's right at the water, but is actually about 15 yards away uphill.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users