2 replies to this topic

#1 rabiddog

rabiddog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,084 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 08:13 PM

:signs1242cn: just finished puttin my vulcan lower together w/prince 50 mag kit.i went w/price 50 cause it seemed to me to be more cut and dried as far as the wording of the A.W.B. in californistan.i had my dad send me my 16" bushmaster target a2 upper.it only has 200 rounds thru it unless he shot it in Washington and didn't tell me. :smiley-funny-post-sign: i guess he inherited a like new bushmaster lower :censored[1]: cause i can't have it here.this was shooting 3/4 inch groups @ 100 the last time i shot it with a scope.i don't have a scope for it right now,but i intend to get a flattop 18 or 20" upper for it in the future.i ordered the lower kit from rifle gear for 59.00 and the stock from rifle gear,got the prince 50 from 10 percent with an extended take down pin.Attached File  vulcan_ar_carbine.jpg   4.19KB   37 downloadsAttached File  vulcan_carbine3.jpg   5.32KB   35 downloadsAttached File  vulcan_ar_carbine.2.jpg   4.45KB   37 downloadsi am sooooo happy i did this i really missed my AR for the last 8 years my dad took it with him in 2000 when the ban went into effect i was really sad.then i saw on this sight all who had built cal. legal AR's i got excited, did some house painting on the side like i normally do when i need extra cash and walla my cal. legal AR. cannot wait to get to shoot it. :cheers:
HISTORY, IN GENERAL,ONLY INFORMS US OF WHAT BAD GOVERNMENT IS. THOMAS JEFFERSONANYONE WHO TRADES LIBERTY FOR SECURITY DESERVES NEITHER LIBERTY OR SECURITY. BENJAMIN FRANKLIN

#2 Bronco

Bronco

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts
  • Interests:Hunting i.e. deer, varmints, yotes. Target Shooting, Trap Shooting.

Posted 24 July 2008 - 05:40 AM

Nice build you got there pakinwood, yeah it is a pain having to deal with the restrictions thanks to our friends in Sacramento. Maybe in the future we'll be a little more lucky and won't have to build BB / ML AR's. I have a CA legal Vulcan V-15 AR in my collection. Not a bad shooting rifle but not a tack driver, only problem I've had is that they don't stake the gas key correctly on the bolt carrier. They came loose one day when I was shooting and at first I could figure why it wasn't cycling correctly. Once I removed the bolt carrier I saw the problem. Had to retighten and used a little loctite on gas key bolts. No problem since. What upper do you have? If it's an Vulcan better check your gas key on your bolt carrier. Vulcan does theirs like Stag does which isn't very good. See the link attached regarding gas key staking.http://m4carbine.net...read.php?t=6993
Posted ImagePosted ImageNRA Member

#3 rabiddog

rabiddog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,084 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 08:37 AM

i have a bushmaster 16" h-bar target upper it used to be in washington with my dad but now its on the vulcan my dad still has the bushmaster complete lower. :smiley-funny-post-sign:
HISTORY, IN GENERAL,ONLY INFORMS US OF WHAT BAD GOVERNMENT IS. THOMAS JEFFERSONANYONE WHO TRADES LIBERTY FOR SECURITY DESERVES NEITHER LIBERTY OR SECURITY. BENJAMIN FRANKLIN

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users