9 replies to this topic

#1 VarmintAir

VarmintAir

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 06:16 AM

This is a small sample of what the dog towns I was shooting in last week look like. This one was about 800 yards long, and about 200 to 300 yards wide. It is a very target rich environment to say the least. This is how you get several hundred shots a day. It looked like this in a 360 degree circle around me. Sorry about the wind noise but it is ever present. It was a great shoot.http://imageevent.co...=...amp;s=0&z=2

#2 Camoghost

Camoghost

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 06:52 AM

Where did you go? Did you use an Outfitter? If so which one? Thanks !

#3 A17Shooter

A17Shooter

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,820 posts
  • Interests:Varmint Hunting, Rifles, Hunting Pistols, Long Range, Computers, Cameras

Posted 23 July 2008 - 08:14 AM

Was this an airgun only hunt?? Or did you take some firearms with you?

#4 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,663 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 23 July 2008 - 08:38 AM

Gary I'm pretty sure this was an airgun only shoot. Cliff used to be a big firearms shooter in fact owned a reloading supply store for years. But he got back into airguns and hasn't looked back except to sell some of his firearms to buy NEW air rifles.

#5 VarmintAir

VarmintAir

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 09:01 AM

I was shooting on a private ranch between Sheridan and Buffalo that I have access to through a friend.

#6 wannakillacoyote

wannakillacoyote

"You can call me WKC"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
  • Interests:Hunting....Predators, Varmints and Upland Game but would like to try larger game.
    Computers....It's what i do for a living and sometimes for fun.
    Movies
    Spending time with the Family

Posted 23 July 2008 - 09:06 AM

i too would like to know. Me and a friend of mine are thinking of going on a prairie dog hunt next year. It looks like a lot of fun.Those of you that have been to Dog-towns before, when using firearms, do they scurry to there holes after every shot like squirrels do, or do they just hang out like idiots?

#7 VarmintAir

VarmintAir

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 09:08 AM

Was this an airgun only hunt?? Or did you take some firearms with you?

Airguns only. Hunted the powderburners for over four and a half decades and just got bored with them. Don't get me wrong. I had a blast. At one time I owned over 60 varmint rifles, custom and factory. I reached a point where it just didn't excite me anymore. I'm having a great time with airguns now. I'm really enjoying the quiet finesse of hunting with airguns. Modern adult airguns have come a long way.

#8 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,663 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 09:11 AM

Well said Cliff. There's just something more fun about using an adult air rifle. :signs165xk:

#9 VarmintAir

VarmintAir

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 09:15 AM

Gary I'm pretty sure this was an airgun only shoot. Cliff used to be a big firearms shooter in fact owned a reloading supply store for years. But he got back into airguns and hasn't looked back except to sell some of his firearms to buy NEW air rifles.

What John said. FX is coming out, later this year, with a new line of PCP airguns. One of the models is going to have a pump built into the gun. Sort of a side lever affair. The idea being that you shoot 5 to 10 shots, pump the handle a few times and keep on hunting. No separate tanks or pumps required. It'll be all self contained. Can't wait to check one out. I have the FX importer about two hours from me. As soon as he receives some inventory, I'll be there, credit card in hand.

#10 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,663 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 09:29 AM

That sounds like a winner of a design since nothing else to carry. That should interest a good number of people.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users