9 replies to this topic

#1 Arise

Arise

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 04:54 PM

Were getting our Grunion Run on tonight!I知 taking some kidletts to Newport Beach (22nd Street) around 9段sh tonight. The run is somewhere between 9:50 PM - 11:50 PM tonight. I might even show up a bit early to fish the pier or shore. I have a White F-250 & I知 hoping to be parked near to the 22nd St. lifeguard station. If were not fishing we should be hanging out close to the station when the run starts. If you find yourself in the area or want to take you're kids out on an adventure, stop by and say hi. They are also running tomorrow night in case anyone is interested. This is a HUGE hoot and the kids go bonkers after the little buggers.I値l post up some pictures if we hit pay dirt like this...

Attached Files

#2 PredatorMaster

PredatorMaster

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 05:46 PM

I might have to see if they are on my beach tonight.

#3 Arise

Arise

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 06:19 PM

I was told they will be thick from Santa Barbra to Mexico.

#4 PredatorMaster

PredatorMaster

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 07:46 PM

cool almost time then.

#5 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,676 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 19 July 2008 - 08:36 AM

Grunion are excellent. I hope you did well it's fun.

#6 Arise

Arise

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 09:17 AM

Well, despite the fact that our crew (My sister-in-law & 6 kids) only got 4 Grunion, we had a great time. All together we had about 25-30 people in our group and we broke into smaller groups when the few grunion showed up. My friends who were on the other side of the pier didn稚 do any better. I guess it痴 just hit and miss. Here is the Grunion schedule for August and were already planning another shindig out of it. When I iron out all the deatils and lock a date I'll post it up here w/ some notice...08/01 - Fri - 9:50 PM - 11:50 PM08/02 - Sat - 10:35 PM - 12:35 AM08/03 - Sun - 11:35 PM - 1:15 AM08/16 - Sat - 9:35 PM - 11:35 PM08/17 - Sun - 10:10 PM - 12:10 AM08/30 - Sat - 9:40 PM - 11:40 PM08/31 - Sun - 10:20 PM - 12:20 AMI did manage to throw out a crocodile for a quick spell w/ no luck. I did not really give it enough time w/ all the kids running a muck. There were a ton of folks fishing from the pier last night. It looked like a small asian country up there.I'll post up some pictures when I get back from the Safari Youth Fair tonight.

#7 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,676 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 19 July 2008 - 09:25 AM

Well, four Grunion don't make much of a meal but it is fun. Just keep checking some of the fishing sites and see if anyone is doing any good. It was always hit or miss with us when I was younger. But since we had a place close to the beach it worked out.

#8 PredatorMaster

PredatorMaster

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 01:33 PM

I went down to the beach at 10:00 did not see a darn thing. Had the boy all excited too. Oh well next time.

#9 Arise

Arise

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 02:52 PM

I went down to the beach at 10:00 did not see a darn thing. Had the boy all excited too. Oh well next time.

IMO, 10 PM was too early PM. Last night was the first night out of a 4 day series. I'm told that the 2nd and 3rd night is always better. I bet if you go out tonight around 11:15 PM I would think you would have better luck.I won't be going out tonight because I'm so beat. We did not get to sleep until 4ish and then had the SCI gig today. I'm thinking August 2nd I'll give it another go.

#10 PredatorMaster

PredatorMaster

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 03:43 PM

might have to do that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users