3 replies to this topic

#1 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,270 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 12:38 PM

Does anyone own one and what do you think of it?? I have been thinking on getting one doesn't cost to much and has a crow sound on it will come in handy for crow season. just wondering how loud it is. http://www.king-cart.....ame=Power Dog

#2 D-Man

D-Man

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,482 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 01:50 PM

I posted a review of this as I have one of the first ones! It is called Power Dogg.Here is the email I sent to Primos about the review as well:Darren,Thanks for sharing this with us and we will definitely look into the concern portionof your email. Seems you are overall pleased with the unit and I hope it brings somedogs in for you.Speak The Language,Bubba McPhearsonPrimos Hunting CallsAttn: Customer Service604 First StreetFlora, MS 390711-800-523-2395 x147service@primos.com-----Original Message-----Sent: Monday, May 05, 2008 8:55 AMTo: Bubba McPhearson\Customer ServiceSubject: Primos Power Dogg ReviewGood day! My Power Dogg arrived recently and this past weekend I wasable to take it out calling and give it a good work out. Overall Iwould rate it about a 3.5 out of 5. Lots of good things, and someareas that could use improvement. For the price point, it is a verydecent product.Good:The howling sequences on thereare excellent, and the jackrabbit distress is also above average, and thepup distress is also very usable.The remote range isoutstanding, as I was pushing close to the 100 yards at times to see if itwould work, and it always responded. Great job on that!Having that red light on the remote was also very handy to have forearly morning hunting that I was doing. Good little extra that noteveryone thinks of.The control layout also makes sense andworks very well, even with some gloves on, I had no problem controllingthe calls and the volume level.The antenna length on theremote and the caller also was very nice and small.The unitoverall is compact to go into a day pack, love how the support rail foldsup nice and close to the calling unit and it doesn't snag on things.The calls are all distortion free even at the volume level of5.Concerns:The cottontail distress sounds horrible. That needs major improvement. It sounds nothing likewhat it needs to.The volume level could be higher, a lot of areas where I can call are wide open and the higher volume would reallymake a difference in my stands.The construction of the unit feels kind of cheap. Maybe this was to help keep costs down, but itjust seems like it could be better. When something is taken to thefield, it has to be able to take being banged around a bit, and with thisI am concerned it won't last. Your testing has probably shownotherwise, but I thought I would mention it.Having used many of your calls in the past, and will continue to do so in the future. Plus with your great price point on your products it is one of the bestvalues for the money. Keep up the great work!Sincerely,
Blessed be the Lord, my rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle; - Psalms 144:1
Fellow Team Savage member and Team Ruger! Semper Fidelis!
NRA Certified Instructor / Multi-state CCW Instructor

#3 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,270 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 02:36 PM

Thanks Dman, I thought I remembered seeing the the thread somewhere just couldn't remember where. have you called anything in with it yet?How does the crow frenzy sound?

#4 D-Man

D-Man

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,482 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 06:25 PM

Crow frenzy is ok. Pup distress, jack distress, female invitation all are great. There are a couple of others that are decent as well. Wish they had more crow variations. Have called in some game with it. Wish the volume could get a bit louder. No distortion, and the remote range is really good as well.Darren
Blessed be the Lord, my rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle; - Psalms 144:1
Fellow Team Savage member and Team Ruger! Semper Fidelis!
NRA Certified Instructor / Multi-state CCW Instructor

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users