• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 bzzrd feedr

bzzrd feedr

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Shooting, Fishing, Snow Skiing and RV'ing.

Posted 13 July 2008 - 05:27 PM

Got a call from a buddy last Thursday that he was heading to Prince Rupert on the 16th and they had some guys bail out of the trip. Took me about 2 minutes to clear it with the boss and 5 minutes to get a plane ticket, and looking forward to hooking into some big Kings. The last time I was up there I landed a 50# and had a bigger one on that came unbuttoned. This Cally closure is not good for my fresh salmon addiction. Tyee's be warned.
Life Member DU, NRA, VHA,CWA, and The OF's of America.

#2 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,769 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 13 July 2008 - 06:07 PM

Sounds like a lot of fun. We will be lookin forward to a great story and pictures when you return. Have a great time.
[url="""]http://www.CallsbyBraz.com'>http://www.CallsbyBraz.com[/url]
Handmade Calls by Braz
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."--Mark Twain

#3 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,684 posts
  • Interests:Hunting ,Fishing , Wife ,Son ,Cat,Dog , My koi , Trad Bows.

Posted 14 July 2008 - 12:07 AM

Good luck and we better see some pictures :roflmao3[1]:
You can hop but you can't hide. Yahi Bowmen. Its not how far you can shoot but how close to the game you get when you shoot. Sights we don't need any sights. Why waist time reloading when I can be making arrows.

#4 Rimrock

Rimrock

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,266 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 01:41 PM

Good for you. Have fun and be safe,

#5 bzzrd feedr

bzzrd feedr

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 03:56 PM

Found my fishing rod, passport, my camera charger, extra sandisk thingy but still looking for the camera. :rofl2:

#6 Truckeedan

Truckeedan

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • Interests:Hunting and fishing whenever my wife will let me!

Posted 17 July 2008 - 06:41 PM

Hope you have more luck in Canada with kings than we did in Alaska. We fished out on the Kenai last week and nobody was catching any kings. Outfits fishing the inlet wern't waisting gas trying. On Thursday last week 94 boats launched on the Kenai River and one 14 lb king was caught. Rumor has it that Alaska fish and game is going to close the Kenai to king fishing soon.The reds wern't in yet either. Lots of jumpers in the inlet but they haven't moved into the rivers yet.We fished halibut for a couple of days and loaded up the freezer. I'm paying for it at work this week.Truckeedan
Mountain coyotes have more fur.

#7 bzzrd feedr

bzzrd feedr

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 27 July 2008 - 09:24 AM

Just got back. King fishing was tough. One fish over 30# about 10 under in the 20's. I had a big fish of around 40# up to the boat and almost landed but was in the skiff by myself. Just couldn't finish the deal, he was hooked deep and cut the leader with his teeth just above the hooks. Silvers were abundant and up to 14#, had some 30 fish silver/days catch and release. Have a whole CD full of pictures w/some great pics of a wolf on the shore. When I get back home I'll put some up if I can figure it out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users