• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Bronco

Bronco

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts
  • Interests:Hunting i.e. deer, varmints, yotes. Target Shooting, Trap Shooting.

Posted 13 July 2008 - 02:00 PM

Well; I posted last week that I was working on my latest build and I have hit my targeted completion time frame. Attached are the photo's I promised I would post when the build was completed. I would like to thank the following vendors who contributed to this project and helping me spend my childrens inheritance.Lanworld Inc.Spikes TacticalRifleGearMidway USACenterfire ArmsDuring my build I did a lot talking with Jamie at Spikes Tactical and I thought I would pass on some points of interest. 1) All Spikes ST22's are test fired with Federal Copper Top ammo only. 2) Spikes recommends that only copper tip bullets are used in their ST22. It has to do with fouling of the barrel with lead projectiles. 3) The uppers come with a lifetime warranty. 4) There is no buffer with this rifle therefore the buffer tube is empty. 5) The barrel measures only 14.5" on the outside from the front of the reciever to the flash suppressor, that is due to 1.5" resesses into the receiver.6) The last point of interest is that if you are trying to replace the factory rear takedown pin, the detent pin and spring are held in with a 4-40 screw that uses a .050 allen key to remove. Spikes Tactical ST22 upper flattop 16" barrel with flash suppressor and chromed boltSpikes Tactical ST22 lower with 5 position stock (detail work done by yours truely)UTG hand guard rail systemPromag vertical gripKNS hooded duplex crosshair reticle front sightEOTech 512 holographic sightDPMS detachable carry handle with adjustable rear sightSightmark tactical red laser sight10/30 Black Dog magazineFalcon ergo pistol gripModel 1 charging handleYankee Hill EZ-Pull rear takedown pinMagpul enhanced trigger guardBlack Hawk tactical web slingNow if this rifle shoots like dog poop, It has to be the guy behind the trigger.........Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#2 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,664 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 13 July 2008 - 02:52 PM

Nice setup. If you intend to hunt with it the laser has to go. They as well as any type of light are illegal to affix to a gun for the purposes of hunting. Now if your hunting bad guys it's ok. :smiley_kewlpics:

#3 Bronco

Bronco

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 13 July 2008 - 03:02 PM

Nice setup. If you intend to hunt with it the laser has to go. They as well as any type of light are illegal to affix to a gun for the purposes of hunting. Now if your hunting bad guys it's ok. :signs1111cr:

John: No hunting with this rifle, only for fun and killing paper and steel animal targets. Thanks for the positive comment. I'll use one of my 17HMR's or my RRA LAR-15 A4 20" vamint rifle for killing the little pesty varmints.Bob

#4 Jeff

Jeff

SacramentoSkullWorks

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 13 July 2008 - 05:37 PM

i've never seen an EOtech mounted on the foreend...lack of space due to your carry handle or??

#5 4RHUNTS

4RHUNTS

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts
  • Interests:Hunting for varmints, two and four legged varieties, deer, pigs, birds, reloading, and fishing.

Posted 13 July 2008 - 07:40 PM

I have the same question as Jeff. Why not remove carry handle and mount it on the flat top with a flip up type rear sight installed behind the EOTECH?Just curious.

#6 Bronco

Bronco

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 13 July 2008 - 08:44 PM

I have the same question as Jeff. Why not remove carry handle and mount it on the flat top with a flip up type rear sight installed behind the EOTECH?Just curious.

Had the carry handle and the EOTech sitting on the shelf. Didn't want to go out and buy a rear sight for the co-witness. I heard there could be a problem with recoil up on the hand guard, but I figured hell it's only a 22lr how much recoil can there be. If I was doing a .223 I would have move it back to the top of the receiver and bought a rear sight. Heck I already have 5 other AR's in 223. Don't need another.Check out this link, it shows a marine with his EOTech on the front rail. Weird I was trying to not have to buy another piece for my rifle. It appears that this is not a good place for your EOTech. You may have to scroll down a several frames. http://www.militaryp...ad.php?t=134050

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users