• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,058 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Antique Tractors, Clampin', and Relaxing

Posted 12 July 2008 - 02:28 PM

I've been putting it off for the last couple years but I finaly broke down and had my bow restrung. My buddy told me to expect about a fiftey dollor bill for the whole deal.........my bow takes two cables plus a string!!! It cost one hundred and three bucks to get it done! :doh[1]: This wouldn't have been that bad but my friend had his bow done first so while I was waiting I decided to get a differnt front sight and install it there in the store while I was waiting for my turn. So basically I spent over a hundred and fiftey bucks on my bow today and it's not going to shoot any better than it did last year. OK, I feel better now. I had to vent but I didn't want vent about my money spending to the wife! :good:
My guns are mine, they aren't for sale, and I only give guns to people that I really like. So I guess the government is **** out of luck.

#2 BullsEye

BullsEye

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,048 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 06:09 PM

I know the feeling. I had to put one on my bow and it had to be custom made 150 dollars later. :welcomeani:

#3 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,701 posts
  • Interests:Hunting ,Fishing , Wife ,Son ,Cat,Dog , My koi , Trad Bows.

Posted 16 July 2008 - 08:37 PM

I got two new strings had a buddy make them for me 10 bucks for both :yikes[1]: Oh I forgot you guys have bows with training wheels on them :censored[1]: . Just messing with you guys . The season is almost here :drool:
You can hop but you can't hide. Yahi Bowmen. Its not how far you can shoot but how close to the game you get when you shoot. Sights we don't need any sights. Why waist time reloading when I can be making arrows.

#4 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,058 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Antique Tractors, Clampin', and Relaxing

Posted 17 July 2008 - 04:20 PM

..... Oh I forgot you guys have bows with training wheels on them ;)

I've actually been thinking about taking up primative archery hunting. Not sure if I want a recurve or a long bow though.
My guns are mine, they aren't for sale, and I only give guns to people that I really like. So I guess the government is **** out of luck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users