• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Antique Tractors, Clampin', and Relaxing

Posted 12 July 2008 - 02:28 PM

I've been putting it off for the last couple years but I finaly broke down and had my bow restrung. My buddy told me to expect about a fiftey dollor bill for the whole deal.........my bow takes two cables plus a string!!! It cost one hundred and three bucks to get it done! :doh[1]: This wouldn't have been that bad but my friend had his bow done first so while I was waiting I decided to get a differnt front sight and install it there in the store while I was waiting for my turn. So basically I spent over a hundred and fiftey bucks on my bow today and it's not going to shoot any better than it did last year. OK, I feel better now. I had to vent but I didn't want vent about my money spending to the wife! :good:

#2 BullsEye

BullsEye

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,068 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 06:09 PM

I know the feeling. I had to put one on my bow and it had to be custom made 150 dollars later. :welcomeani:

#3 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,833 posts
  • Interests:Hunting ,Fishing , Wife ,Son ,Cat,Dog , My koi , Trad Bows.

Posted 16 July 2008 - 08:37 PM

I got two new strings had a buddy make them for me 10 bucks for both :yikes[1]: Oh I forgot you guys have bows with training wheels on them :censored[1]: . Just messing with you guys . The season is almost here :drool:

#4 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Antique Tractors, Clampin', and Relaxing

Posted 17 July 2008 - 04:20 PM

..... Oh I forgot you guys have bows with training wheels on them ;)

I've actually been thinking about taking up primative archery hunting. Not sure if I want a recurve or a long bow though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users