17 replies to this topic

#1 .22guy

.22guy

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 10:45 AM

I saw this over at rimfirecentral: http://www.rimfireun.../home_page.htmlMaybe we can use our .22s on squirrels and such after all. But I don't think its in production yet.

#2 D-Man

D-Man

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,482 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 11:13 AM

I just emailed them to see what they say about the availability of these.Darren

#3 .22guy

.22guy

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 11:52 AM

dog poop, I should have read the entire thread at RFC. Some are thinking it's not a real website. Sorry, if that's the case.... :rolleyes:

#4 Jason

Jason

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,183 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, camping, scuba diving, American Revolution living history, fishing, ham radio.

Posted 11 July 2008 - 12:21 PM

That's a lot of work for a fake website. They do have contact info but it appears to be an overseas number.

#5 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Antique Tractors, Clampin', and Relaxing

Posted 11 July 2008 - 02:21 PM

I'm not 100% sure but by the looks of those bullets, they are exactly the same as those described by a guy over on the CVC forum. I believe he's out of Africa and he said that winchester might be picking up his bullet designs. Lets hope so. The driving band is a great idea and those military style fmj loads are bad ass looking!http://calivc.com/fo...9709#entry39709The guy goes by 22fmj and his first post is about two thirds down the page.

#6 D-Man

D-Man

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,482 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 06:11 AM

Here is my original email and the reply back:"Farrel Orlanov" <viperbullets@hotmail.com>Date: Mon, July 14, 2008 05:46darren thank you for your emailthe oil prices have made the transport of the ammo very expensive so to get it cheaper we gonna make it in the usa !they will comply to cali laws so all will be sorted out soon. will keep you updated> Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 12:12:42 -0700> Subject: .22LR Lead - Free Bullets> To: viperbullets@hotmail.com>>>> I was looking at your bullets on Rimfire Universe. How can I> purchase these? How much are they? When will they be> available? I live in Southern California in the lead free zone, and> these would be an outstanding solution! I look forward to your> reply.>> Sincerely,Darren

#7 .22guy

.22guy

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 08:29 AM

Well, that doesn't sound promising.

#8 Bronco

Bronco

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts
  • Interests:Hunting i.e. deer, varmints, yotes. Target Shooting, Trap Shooting.

Posted 14 July 2008 - 12:43 PM

Lets just hope that a manufacturer (Winchester?) in the U.S. picks this line up. These look awesome.

#9 Rimrock

Rimrock

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 01:38 PM

Here is the answer to my e-mail. Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 12:44:06 +0000 rod te oil prices have made shipping by sea too expensive so i am getting it made in the usa so in the very near future it will be on your shelves.these wars are putting strain on copper lead fuel its very challenging at this moment in time.i will update you shortly on progressthank you for your email

#10 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Antique Tractors, Clampin', and Relaxing

Posted 14 July 2008 - 02:31 PM

Actually, that sounds very promising! Looks like our .22s will be back in buisness sooner than we thought. Once those bullets are being made here it is only a matter of time before they bump up the diameter one or two thousandths of an inch and we'll have more lead free centerfire bullets available too.

#11 Bronco

Bronco

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 03:40 PM

Stupid Question...... Explain to me again why none of the manufacturers in the U.S. couldn't come up with this? :WTF_1:

#12 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 08:16 PM

I wonder what they're useing for their core material.

#13 D-Man

D-Man

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,482 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 05:37 AM

Copper on at least a couple of the loads.Darren

#14 Bronco

Bronco

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 12:52 PM

Here is a copy of my email that I sent this morning. I hope they respond with some positive news.Dear Sirs: You product is causing quite a stir here in the U.S. Many people are asking when, where, how much etc. Could you please expand on the following questions? When do you expect bullets to be manufactured in the U.S.? Who are you working with for U.S. manufacture? What do you expect the price to be per box? What is the outer jacket material? Can you give some ballistic information, i.e. fps, mv, etc.?

#15 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 02:07 PM

I'd really like to see tham come up with some .22mag ammo too.

#16 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,355 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 03:56 AM

What I want to see is some vmax for the 22 long rifle.

#17 Bronco

Bronco

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 08:56 AM

Here is the response back from my email to Farrel Orlanov at viperbullets: Interresting comment that rim fire seems not to be at the top of any manufacturers list. Wonder who should we contact to see if this is true or not and help them change their minds? Anyway he seemed to skirt around some of my questions. Sorry guys I tried........ :P good morning roberti can say the bullet is well known by cci federal winchester and remington engineers as i am in contact with them on an ongoing basis. rim fire seems not to be top of the list at the moment .i am currently getting it going in the east ..india korea china and various others and thing are looking very good. its a pity to get it done there as shipping will incur unnecessary costs as fuel is crazy. i have a meeting later this week with federal so perhaps they are ready? the outer jacket is normal bullet guilding copper and also pure copper annealed for the expanding types. ballistically the velocities are the same as lead for the weights however the lighter -than -usual bullets will be faster, that will depend on production schedules.are you a dealer?if so send me the shop details so i can get it on my list and keep you updated!thank you for your email its well appreciated.

#18 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 03:24 PM

The .22lr is still and will always be the most widely produced cartridge in the world. They'll get around to it. Everybody is probably scrambleing to get out lead free big game loads right now. I'm sure that the rimfires will get more attention after Deer season is over.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users