• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 CoyoteHuntress

CoyoteHuntress

Royal Oaks Taxidermy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts
  • Interests:Im a full time taxidermist and I LOVE Hunting- coyotes, bobcat, bear, boar, elk, deer etc..

Posted 07 July 2008 - 09:57 PM

Well weve been swaping out our quads this week.. Trying to downsize the ones we dont use all that much.. So we traded the 330 for a tractor. (We needed another one LOL) And then since we were over in Nevada on a mini vacation, we got a hair up the ole backside to get rid of the 500 since everyone always wants to borrow it anyhow..Course noone wants to pay for tags, maintance etc...they just want to borrow it.. And beings we were just a hour or so from Reno, and just happened to have the 500 in camp.. Father in law loaded up the 500 and went and picked up a rzr :) They gave us 4700 trade in so we did okay.. And boy is this thing cute as heck and fun to drive... Its flame red, and is comfortable as all get out.. Its soo much fun to drive.. Little bugger does great on fuel as far as we can tell.. Thats my son in the pictures.. You couldnt hardly peel his butt out of it LOL..Attached File  rzr2.jpg   43.48KB   97 downloadsAttached File  rzr3.jpg   59.51KB   87 downloads
Royal Oaks TaxidermyAward Winning Taxidermist...When Quality Counts! DEER CAPES WANTED

#2 Yodel Dog

Yodel Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,636 posts
  • Interests:Guns and hunting, fishing when I can.

Posted 07 July 2008 - 10:05 PM

Good looking Polaris ~ didn't you just go through this recently??

#3 Stan

Stan

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 10:33 PM

What no gun rack?Looks Great Hope You get to drive it :)

#4 CoyoteHuntress

CoyoteHuntress

Royal Oaks Taxidermy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts
  • Interests:Im a full time taxidermist and I LOVE Hunting- coyotes, bobcat, bear, boar, elk, deer etc..

Posted 07 July 2008 - 11:03 PM

LOL Oh gun racks will be on before deer season thats a given :) .... We are actually going to order a cab for it, but our dealer says the dealer show is in 2 weeks and that is when all the new stuff comes out, so he said to wait til he gets back..
Royal Oaks TaxidermyAward Winning Taxidermist...When Quality Counts! DEER CAPES WANTED

#5 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,790 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 08 July 2008 - 11:40 AM

Looks like a lot of fun right there.
[url="""]http://www.CallsbyBraz.com'>http://www.CallsbyBraz.com[/url]
Handmade Calls by Braz
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."--Mark Twain

#6 Jeff

Jeff

SacramentoSkullWorks

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 03:19 PM

That thing is SWEET! I'm debating a quad, dirt bike or street bike currently. Can't have all three and can't make up my mind.
Sacramento Skull Works ...on Facebook!
Using Dermestid beetles to produce museum quality skulls for your trophy collection.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

#7 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,289 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 08 July 2008 - 05:18 PM

Where's his seatbelt Rae? Safety first.

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#8 CoyoteHuntress

CoyoteHuntress

Royal Oaks Taxidermy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 06:43 PM

Well if he was doing more than putting around for pics then yes hed be wearing it.. It also has safety nets on the sides.. I think its pretty nice..Its more narrow than the ranger, turns real easy even in 4 wheel drive.. Its almost like it has power steering.. Turns real sharp too :lol: And basically can go just about anywhere it wants. AND it fits right in our trailer with the ranger...

#9 fakawee

fakawee

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts
  • Interests:4Wheeling, Hunting, Target Shooting, Fishing, Camping, Kayaking and Glassing the countryside.

Posted 08 July 2008 - 08:44 PM

Those RZR's are nice but if you're going to hunt with it, don't shoot anything larger than a doe! Those RZR's don't haul much weight and there isn't alot of room in the rear. I've been installing a bunch of kolpin cases on some Polaris Rangers and Yamaha Rhino's lately. Alot of guys are getting their rigs ready for out of state hunts in Nevada and Arizona.That's a nice looking RZR but keep an eye on the intake manifold as this used to be a problem area for this UTV.
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. Mark Twain

#10 loaders_loft

loaders_loft

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 09:19 PM

from what I've seen & read, the RZR is pretty awesome, way ahead of other UTV's in the categories of power & speed. I think a heavy duty front rack would solve the issue of limited cargo space. Since I've never been able to spot one in a showroom or test drive one, I've got no idea how a front rack would mount up, but still I believe it would be a good solution. Also, a folding windshield would be sweet.Oh, wait, its your RZR, not mine.... :lol:

#11 Realbadlarry

Realbadlarry

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 01:23 PM

You NEED to replace the airfilter on that with a new system. The Unique Metal products one is what I got. $300. The air filter leaks dirt into the motor and will kill your motor in like 20 hours if you ride in dust. Huge issue with this right now. Pull your filter and look inside to be safe....

#12 CoyoteHuntress

CoyoteHuntress

Royal Oaks Taxidermy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 05:06 PM

I told hubby about the intake manifold, and air filter.. So he can get that stuff taken care of.. As for hunting, YEP its going.. Grandpa and son will be in the rzr, me and hubby will be in the ranger, so no worried on weight., we just toss everything into the ranger anyhow.. All else fails they can throw it up on the top if they HAD too LOL.. We rarely shoot does.. Course this year with the new doe tag being so cheap we might... I just cant see paying the same price for a doe as we do for a buck... So the lower fee has me more inclined to doe hunt.

#13 fakawee

fakawee

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts
  • Interests:4Wheeling, Hunting, Target Shooting, Fishing, Camping, Kayaking and Glassing the countryside.

Posted 11 July 2008 - 08:29 PM

Doe's taste better and there's more of them. Only hunt bucks now for the trophy and donate the meat to the shelters. A friend of mine in Arizona took me on an elk hunt a few years ago. We took two Polaris Rangers with us and I'm glad we did. He down a huge elk that we had to pack out in the two Rangers and it almost didn't fit. I don't know where you'd put a large animal (200lb buck or 300lb bear) on a RZR. They are purpose built for fun and not much work IMO. :bleh[1]:
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. Mark Twain

#14 CoyoteHuntress

CoyoteHuntress

Royal Oaks Taxidermy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 10:36 PM

well being a taxidermist, a buck cape is worth more to me than a doe :eck05: And where we hunt the bucks are very plentiful.. We dont take small ones until last few hours of the last day LOL... We keep all our meat.. only donating I do is to my freezer... I dont like store bought meat.. And I LOVE my ranger.. Last year we came off the mountain with 2 bucks in the back plus all our gear LOL.. Was way fun.. There is a tiny bit of room in the back of the rzr.. more for a gas can or two and maybe an ice chest. That is what we put it in last weekend. It is geared more for fun, but we intend on customizing it a bit so we can pack our rifles and such.. IM dying to see if we will be able to put a rifle holder in it... Width wise it wont work, but Im thinking maybe an upright in the middle might work? We will see.. We always have radios and cell phones so even if grandpa and son are in a different canyon we can still run over with the ranger to pick up anything they shoot :bleh[1]:

#15 rude robert

rude robert

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 06:27 PM

u said u got $$ for your trade in. u said it was a 500 what exactly was it??
Freedom isn't free, It's paid for in blood! How wonderful, how marvelous is my Saviors love is for Me. He said that it's finished, the debt has been paid for in full.

#16 rude robert

rude robert

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 06:28 PM

nice rig by the way
Freedom isn't free, It's paid for in blood! How wonderful, how marvelous is my Saviors love is for Me. He said that it's finished, the debt has been paid for in full.

#17 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,289 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 20 September 2008 - 07:26 PM

u said u got $$ for your trade in. u said it was a 500 what exactly was it??

She said they got $4700 trade in and I'm sure it was a polaris outlaw 500. You can search back in her posts to be absolutely sure.

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#18 elkguys

elkguys

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy all outdoors and hunting with my son.enjoy meeting fellow outdoors people as we travel

Posted 20 September 2008 - 07:37 PM

any polaris are great and well worth the cost we have 4 polaris quads and love them
life member of NRA,RMEF,SCI and WU REPUBLICAN party

#19 rude robert

rude robert

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 06:41 PM

thx john, just curious i didnt see where she said what kind of 500 lol.

#20 CoyoteHuntress

CoyoteHuntress

Royal Oaks Taxidermy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 07:28 PM

She said they got $4700 trade in and I'm sure it was a polaris outlaw 500. You can search back in her posts to be absolutely sure.

Yep that 4700 was trade in but NOT on the outlaw.. We traded in a sportsman 500.. That outlaw 500 is sons sport quad LOL.. Hed have a fit if we got rid of that.. He has it it all decked out with graphic skins that took me over 3 hours to do btw LOL.Attached File  LilMansQuadsmallpic_004.jpg   59.76KB   76 downloads

#21 rude robert

rude robert

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 01:26 PM

wow that is nice job,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users