• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Truckeedan

Truckeedan

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • Interests:Hunting and fishing whenever my wife will let me!

Posted 06 July 2008 - 06:17 PM

My fishing buddy (grandson) Evan scored a nice trout last Thursday evening. I picked him up from day care and we launched the boat around 6 pm and fished for an hour and a half, trolling our secret spot. I managed a couple of small fish but Evan had to outdo grandpa and landed a really nice fish.Posted ImageThe trout was 16 inches and weighed around 2lbs. It was really fun to watch him reel it in.Truckeedan

#2 nevjohn

nevjohn

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 06:35 PM

I always like Boca better; mainly I just lived across I-80 on Glenshire Dr (top of hill) so it was close. Actually I would rather fly fish the river right above the I-80 bridge at Hirchdale, as always did good there on dries.

#3 Truckeedan

Truckeedan

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • Interests:Hunting and fishing whenever my wife will let me!

Posted 06 July 2008 - 06:43 PM

I always like Boca better; mainly I just lived across I-80 on Glenshire Dr (top of hill) so it was close. Actually I would rather fly fish the river right above the I-80 bridge at Hirchdale, as always did good there on dries.

I here ya John. I like to fish the little Truckee between Boca and Stampede. Evan (4) is a little small for a fly rod just yet and I like to make sure he is catching fish so he stays interested. So the worm behind a flasher is just the ticket right now. I've got a sweet little fly rig that will just fit him in about two more years.Dan

#4 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,806 posts
  • Interests:Hunting ,Fishing , Wife ,Son ,Cat,Dog , My koi , Trad Bows.

Posted 06 July 2008 - 11:20 PM

That had to of been fun watching him catch it. :signs1180lq:

#5 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,807 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 07 July 2008 - 07:43 AM

He's sure growing Dan. Enjoy him, he will be big too fast.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users