2 replies to this topic

#1 nevjohn

nevjohn

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 05 July 2008 - 08:06 PM

Looking at the list that DFG put out concerning non-Lead shotgun loads that are legal in Condor Area, the Hevi-shot list only contains 00 buck. Does this mean that Hevi-shot 'T' shot isnt legal for hunting coyotes, etc? I've never seen Hevi-shot 00 loads listed in any catalog, so am curious. Anyone have an answer? I bet DABob should know, how about it Bob.John
John in Tulare, Ca

#2 dabob

dabob

Bob Morris Foxpro Field Staff

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,635 posts
  • Interests:Shooting Sporting Clays, Trap and Skeet, Hunting and Fishing

Posted 06 July 2008 - 10:42 AM

Hello John, I posted this on PM a while back.I found some new information today on the nonlead ammo we can use in California. The only good news I found was that non-toxic shot approved by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service for use in waterfowl hunting is certified to take appropriate nongame species within the nonlead zone. On the original list it showed Hevi-Shot and steel shot as the only legal shot to use in the Condor nonlead zone.http://www.dfg.ca.go...tifiedammo.htmlI hope Barnes starts making the Varmint Grenade bullets and the Multi-Purpose Green MPG bullets in more calibers and heavier weights for shooting coyotes.
Posted ImageTen Percent FirearmsServing California with all of their firearms needs - or contact us by email.

#3 nevjohn

nevjohn

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 11:48 AM

Thanks Bob. Well, as far as Barnes goes, I am probably okay, with the 50gr VG, as I have a .223 and .22-250 only in centerfire. Just gotta get some loaded up. Got a friend at the club who does my reloading for me, but I buy the materials.John
John in Tulare, Ca

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users