• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Bronco

Bronco

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts
  • Interests:Hunting i.e. deer, varmints, yotes. Target Shooting, Trap Shooting.

Posted 04 July 2008 - 07:52 AM

Just received my latest OLL the other day. Decided to go with a Spikes Tactical ST-22 in 22LR to keep the costs down on shooting and to get around all the BS with AR type rifles and those evil features restrictions i.e. detachable mag. At this time I'm still gathering all the parts and accessories to complete my project. Hope to have it all together by next weekend. Pictures to be coming when completed. :pirashoot: :( :smiley_kewlpics:

#2 CA Desert Dog

CA Desert Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts
  • Interests:God, family & country. Predator hunting, shooting, reloading.

Posted 04 July 2008 - 03:01 PM

I think you'll really like the Spike's Tactical equipment. I have used two of their lowers and they both accepted parts easily and mated perfectly with premium uppers. Good luck with your build. :fireworks3:

#3 Bronco

Bronco

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 06:09 PM

CA Desert Dog: Thanks for the positive words of support. Here is my list of parts and accessories for my build. Can't wait to finish it. Some of the parts I had laying around from another build (in .223) that just never took place.Spikes Tactical ST22 upper flattop w/ flash supressorSpikes Tactical ST22 lower with 5 position adjustable stock. Did the detail work myself (painting)UTG hand guard rail systemKNS hooded duplex crosshair reticle front sightEOTech 512 holographic sightDPMS detachable carry handle w/adjustable rear sightSightMark tactical red lasier sight10/30 Black Dog magazineFalcon Ergo pistol gripModel 1 charging handleYankee Hill EZ-Pull takedown pin set :carnage: :fireworks3: :good:

#4 wannakillacoyote

wannakillacoyote

"You can call me WKC"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
  • Interests:Hunting....Predators, Varmints and Upland Game but would like to try larger game.
    Computers....It's what i do for a living and sometimes for fun.
    Movies
    Spending time with the Family

Posted 04 July 2008 - 07:07 PM

Hmmm, I thought you could somehow use a 22lr upper with a standard OLL. I thought that was the draw to the .22lr upper. You could use that as your "Legal" config and keep your .223 upper sitting there to be swapped in.

#5 Bronco

Bronco

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 05 July 2008 - 08:43 AM

Hmmm, I thought you could somehow use a 22lr upper with a standard OLL. I thought that was the draw to the .22lr upper. You could use that as your "Legal" config and keep your .223 upper sitting there to be swapped in.

wannakillacoyote: I took my time to think this project through. You are correct about using a standard OLL and a 22LR upper. The issue that helped me finialize my discission was that if you have a OLL lower that can still accept a detachable centerfire mag I would have to use a bullet button or a mag lock and load from the top, if I didn't it could be considered an AW due to all the evil features on it and having an open mag well. Since this lower is marked "22LR" and it will not accept a regular .223 mag without a .223 upper in place. The standard .223 mags are prevented from locking in place due to the 22LR carrier bolt and the fact that the 22LR barrel goes 1.5" inside the receiver. :fireworks3:

#6 CA Desert Dog

CA Desert Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts
  • Interests:God, family & country. Predator hunting, shooting, reloading.

Posted 07 July 2008 - 08:20 PM

Very interesting stuff bronco. I'm looking forward to seeing your photos and a range report when you're done. You have all the goodies lined up and it looks like you're ready to rock. :) I still have to camo my AR/Grendel. I have a digital camo kit from DuraCoat but I haven't had the time to do it yet. My wife's nickname is "Polly Project" because she's always got a honey-do list for me. B) I'll have to go on strike and do some gun painting as soon as I can. Here is the color combo I will be using on the Grendel.Posted Image

#7 Bronco

Bronco

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 09:38 PM

A few pieces came today in the mail, heck it was almost like Christmas. I got my 10/30rd Black Dog Mag, Sightmark tactical red Laiser and Yankee Hill E-Z pull takedown pins. Now I just waiting for the Magpul ehanced trigger guard and the Falcon ergo pistol grip. CA Desert Dog: When your done with your camo job besure to post some pics of it. I really like camo on a nice rig. :)

#8 woodog

woodog

Shooter

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  • Interests:Open Field Coursing and hunting.

Posted 08 July 2008 - 03:42 AM

Check out the link below. Wild stuff. http://www.tromix.com/

#9 Bronco

Bronco

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 04:47 AM

Some people in the free states have a lot of fun! Awesome stuff, sure would like one of those 8" 12 guages. Heck I would try skeet shooting with that. Now that would be a kick in the %$@. Thanks for sharing the link. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users