#1 huntnsurf

huntnsurf

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, surfing,fishing,sports,target shooting,reloading,camping

Posted 30 June 2008 - 05:32 PM

I have an old compound bow never shot it much but I would like to try and take yotes with it. Its a Bear Whitetail II I know its old but I need some help setting it up, I dont have a bow shop close to me so any help would be nice. My problem is how do I sight it in, there are sighting pins on the front but no sight on the draw string. So please some advice would be great.

#2 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,354 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 30 June 2008 - 05:40 PM

I still shoot two recurved bows I've owned forever. One is a bear bow no sights the other has rudimentary pin sights on it. I have always used a kissing knock or nock. It is like your arrow knock but up higher and you draw the bow string to your lips or side of your mouth and just touch the knock. That way you draw to the same point each time. Once the pins are adjusted you are set.

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#3 huntnsurf

huntnsurf

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 05:47 PM

I still shoot two recurved bows I've owned forever. One is a bear bow no sights the other has rudimentary pin sights on it. I have always used a kissing knock or nock. It is like your arrow knock but up higher and you draw the bow string to your lips or side of your mouth and just touch the knock. That way you draw to the same point each time. Once the pins are adjusted you are set.

SJ you mean I just line it up on the knock so the bow is straight and then place the pins on the target

#4 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,354 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 05:53 PM

Just draw the string back with the knock touching the side of your mouth works best for me. Then aim the pins at what you want to hit. It will take some adjusting of the pins and some getting used to. But it's just repeatability and soon it's second nature.

Time waits for no one--

#5 huntnsurf

huntnsurf

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 05:54 PM

ok do you use the tool to draw the string back does it help

#6 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,354 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 05:58 PM

I don't. On my recurved bows I draw with my fingers and the old bow glove. Something I've been doing since a kid. It's always worked best for me.

Time waits for no one--

#7 huntnsurf

huntnsurf

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 05:59 PM

Thanks I will make it happen

#8 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,739 posts
  • Interests:Hunting ,Fishing , Wife ,Son ,Cat,Dog , My koi , Trad Bows.

Posted 30 June 2008 - 06:38 PM

The most important thing is to draw back to the same spot each time , The way Shooter says makes it easy to do.It could be worse and have eyes like mine .The bow and if it did have sights on it would be all fuzzy. :roflmao3[1]: Take that bow out for deer and ground sqirrels. If you can get a sqirrel you can get any thing.
You can hop but you can't hide. Yahi Bowmen. Its not how far you can shoot but how close to the game you get when you shoot. Sights we don't need any sights. Why waist time reloading when I can be making arrows.

#9 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,354 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 06:50 PM

You shoot that bow of yours pretty good for having bad eyes Tim. :roflmao3[1]: The ground squirrel tip is an excellent example.

Time waits for no one--

#10 archerjohn

archerjohn

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Interests:I BOW HUNT AND I ALSO HUNT WITH A 17 & 243 FOR PREDATORS ,PIG AND DEER

Posted 30 June 2008 - 09:11 PM

shooter john is right on useing nock bead as kisser button .alot of archers use kissers i have one on my bow for night an low light .pep for feild an 3d comp start with first pin at 20 yards get good 2nd pin 30 yard an so on .if you are going to shot fingers get glove or tab compond bows are hard on fingers once you use a trigger you wont shot finger againjust go outt an shot you will like how fast you improve.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users